News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Artistic Crosses

• Replies 321
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos! ... I always enjoy coming back to this link to check out the great photography and interesting displays ...

(except for the Frog's eye pic...I put that one in the "bizarre category" :P

regards, Dan

• 1 month later...

Legendary...

Another great shot! :jumping: Really love that it's using a been there, done that IC and not a minty one. This one really speaks volumes. This is a picture you could just stare at forever and the stories start flooding into your brain. Excellent! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptman

• 4 weeks later...

Any Serbian St. Sava collectors out there?

Hi... welcome to the club! :beer: Some gorgeous pieces there! :love::love: I actually hope to get one for my friend in Florida (and a fellow member) and myself as we're big movie fans and one of these was used in the John Wayne movie The Searchers. For ages he didn't know what it was... he showed me the movie and then I popped it on here and the rest of the members made quick work of it. :cool:

Great collection there. Hope there are some others out there with more examples they'd be willing to share. Definitely a beautiful Order. Thanks for showing them. :beer:

Another :D

Order of Victory

Hi Vic,

Love both your shots/layouts. But the red set really stands out! Has that candie apple red color I really love like they used in Hungarian communist period awards. Beautiful!!!! :love::jumping::jumping:

Would love to see more. Oh, and from the first set you know my favorite!!!! Just gotta get a real Nevsky one of these days. Oh how I wish I'd gone ahead with that trade for one for my Blockade Runners set when I had a chance. :speechless: They're just great pieces with a ton of history. :jumping::jumping:

Hi... welcome to the club! :beer: Some gorgeous pieces there! :love::love: I actually hope to get one for my friend in Florida (and a fellow member) and myself as we're big movie fans and one of these was used in the John Wayne movie The Searchers. For ages he didn't know what it was... he showed me the movie and then I popped it on here and the rest of the members made quick work of it. :cool:

Great collection there. Hope there are some others out there with more examples they'd be willing to share. Definitely a beautiful Order. Thanks for showing them. :beer:

Thanks for the welcome Dan . . . I've been here since 2005 . . . haven't posted much but I've read alot. I've got several friends here who have some serious collections by comparison. Thanks again for the nice words about my St. Savas. Here are a few of my favorite enamel crosses. European craftsmanship at its finest, don't you agree?

Thanks for the welcome Dan . . . I've been here since 2005 . . . haven't posted much but I've read alot. I've got several friends here who have some serious collections by comparison. Thanks again for the nice words about my St. Savas. Here are a few of my favorite enamel crosses. European craftsmanship at its finest, don't you agree?

Oh definitely! :jumping::jumping::love: Works of art from craftsmen long gone. :beer:

Hi Vic,

Love both your shots/layouts. But the red set really stands out! Has that candie apple red color I really love like they used in Hungarian communist period awards. Beautiful!!!! :love::jumping::jumping:

Would love to see more. Oh, and from the first set you know my favorite!!!! Just gotta get a real Nevsky one of these days. Oh how I wish I'd gone ahead with that trade for one for my Blockade Runners set when I had a chance. :speechless: They're just great pieces with a ton of history. :jumping::jumping:

Hi Dan,

Glad you like them :cheers:

I will have to dig out some plauqes and medals :unsure:

Order of Victory