News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Four photos from a Reserve FussArtillerie Batl; you can see the unit painted on one of the gun carriages - but you can only see the first number - a 2 - in the battalion's number. The gun: 15cm schweres Feldhaubitze 13 L/14

• Replies 116
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Here's a crew in action on one of the big boys.

That's a great shot of the 42cm M-Gerät L/12 Howitzer (Dicke Bertha)

Here's more on the "big boy" or "Fat Bertha" at the Landships II website -

http://www.landships.info/landships/artillery_articles.html# (scroll in the menu to the left)

Edited by IrishGunner

• 3 weeks later...

Another big gun... The Eisenbahn Kanone - 38 cm Schnellladen Kanone (SK) L/45 "Max"

These were originally intended to be naval guns on ships, but many were adapted for land use, first in concrete/metal emplacements and then later on rail cars.

As you can see from the caption, this one was destroyed/captured by the Australians near Amiens. I suspect the photo was taken after the war.

If you like these big caliber guns, you should go to Tony Schnurr's website (Kaiser's Bunker) and see his brass collection. The largest I have is a 21cm, but he has the big mamas. Just the shipping to acquire them was a fortune!

Chip

If you like these big caliber guns, you should go to Tony Schnurr's website (Kaiser's Bunker) and see his brass collection. The largest I have is a 21cm, but he has the big mamas. Just the shipping to acquire them was a fortune!

Chip

I've been to every nook and cranny of Tony's site. Good stuff.

I´d like to show you a another big one:

It´s a heavy coast-mortar 305mm, L/17 ("schwere Küstenmörser i.R.") - i.R. means "in Radlafette" (wheel-mount - I don´t know if this is the right english translation...)

This one is a rare photo, because from this gun only ONE single gun was built in 1912 by Krupp. It was used by the "Schwere-Küstenmörser-Batterie Nr.6" (6th army).

Calibre: 305mm

Weight: 24.500kg

Weight of the shell: 333kg

Range: 11,7km

Moved by tractor in two parts