News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mystery Ribbon on a TR/Olympic Ribbon Bar

Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen, Großherzog Ernst Ludwig, Für Tapferkeit Hesse-Darmstadt - Ernest-Ludwig Bravery Medal? But why here w/o other WWI awards?? Or maybe.......MANCHUKUO Auspicious Clouds?? A 1938? Manchukuo Handbook lists the number of awards to foreigners including a few Germans.

Sorry can't seem to add images of either award/ribbon but GMIC search will reveal some.

Edited by 922F

• 2 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Hmmmm. VERY (I mean VERRRRRRY) pale blue, with orangy red stripes... Japanese Order of the Sacred Treasure. The palest of robin's egg blues fades away to "dingy white."

Combination of combatant Iron Cross and "civil" KVK suggests somebody doing something potentially nasty. Waffen-SS?

Gut impression is that this is a M1957 West German bar from the style/size ribbons--so things could be banned that were worn originally. (Where is my whistling smilie thingy? been away tooooo long and still not "back" yet.)

Hmmmm. VERY (I mean VERRRRRRY) pale blue, with orangy red stripes... Japanese Order of the Sacred Treasure. The palest of robin's egg blues fades away to "dingy white."

Combination of combatant Iron Cross and "civil" KVK suggests somebody doing something potentially nasty. Waffen-SS?

Gut impression is that this is a M1957 West German bar from the style/size ribbons--so things could be banned that were worn originally. (Where is my whistling smilie thingy? been away tooooo long and still not "back" yet.)

This one post was one of my very few token appearances here over the course of the last year or so, so don't feel too bad. Nice to have you back amongst the living, in any event.

So, in regards to the nastiness, how do you mean? Did I manage to land Hans Landa's ribbon bar?

Maybe. No Wehrmacht LS although an Olympic medal. certainly someone in some sort of uniform in 1936, probably paramilitary? it would be interesting to see who got what Japanese orders in the Third Reich.

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Luckily I cannot make the smilies work or would be doing Embarassed Smilie. Sacred Treasure stripes are eggyolk yellow-orange, not red-orange. Wupsies. Comes of hurrying up to get in one more post before my host returns and finds me using his computer. (Whistling smilie)