News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

3rd Reich Medal bars... Show Yours!

Thanks.  I do have to admit that the group is assembled to go with the Soldbuch, but I never plan on selling any of it, so what the heck.  The medal bar is 100% period.   It took me a while to find a really good bar with that trio.   

6 hours ago, Uffz. Rohleder said:

A beauty!

What happend? :(

I sold to buy another piece, regret because I did not find another one like, so I will no longer sell my medals.

Lambert

2 hours ago, Paul R said:

He sold it to me for five dollars.

not that !  :shame:

:lol:

Lambert

Edited by lambert

4 minutes ago, lambert said:

I sold to buy another piece, regret because I did not find another one like, so I will no longer sell my medals.

Lambert

Uhhh i did those misstakes before.. i had once a 7 place medal bar with the Albrechts Kreuz from a bordschütze of a Zeppelin Staaken... Sold the whole set... bar, papers, fotos and his Fliegerschtüzen Badge...

Dont will think about it - this made me feel sick everytime i think about that :speechless::(

Greetings

Stefan

9 hours ago, Uffz. Rohleder said:

Very nice - the Infantry Assault Badge looks awesome - looks like the finish is in a very nice shape!

Thank you!  The Close Combat Clasp in Silver is just as nice!  :-)

• 2 weeks later...

A medal bar from the recent SOS. Although consisting entirely of decorations and commemoratives for the First World War, it is still a medal bar of the Third Reich Period by virtue of the Hindenburg Cross (mid-1930s).

Best regards,

Tom

001.JPG

005.JPG

• 2 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

In the first picture are the awards of one of my great-grandfathers. The 4 place medal bar with all the commemorative medals is just like the bar my other great-grandfather owned, the original unfortunately got lost.

1.JPG

4er Ordensspange.JPG

Edited by turtle

• 5 months later...
    • 1 year later...

I figured I'd contribute a few pieces as well: 

Neither medal is rare, but to see them together is quite difficult to find. KVKII is marked 67 for H. Kreisel of Gablonz, the EK might be a Deschler (one of the many core varieties). 

38628182151_4d74658bd7_c.jpg

Court Mounted, unmarked Wachtler & Lange EKII

38628179401_09b356a4b2_c.jpg

The humble Frontkampfer court mounted, curiously it appears it was mounted via clipping part of the backing plate to something. 

38628178311_bc2d178c0a_c.jpg

38628177391_3541730379_c.jpg

Not so commonly encountered  solo mounted 18 Year Service Medal, I do also have two 4 Years (Luftwaffe and Heer) and a 12 year court mounted. I do also have a LW 40 Year Service Medal that is essentially mint, probably unissued. 

38628176431_f1484f1024_c.jpg

A bit battered (laundered) but still impressive 11 place Ribbon Bar, I'd love to know which Austrian Ribbon pertains to which medal. :) 

38628173931_2f1e396477_c.jpg

An uncommon combination of a Saxe-Coburg-Gotha medal involved with any TR era medals. It's nice to see some purple and green on a TR bar. This medal bar was wrapped in Saran wrap for many years (and many of the medals that came out of this collection also were dipped in heavy urethane, the 4 Year Service medal is no exception, the medals were also wrapped individually) so the ribbons maintained their color while some of the problems with the medals went unchecked. It's a shame the KVKII on this bar is zinc instead of bronze. I'll clean the gunk off of the 4 year eventually. 

38595600012_2fb805cefb_c.jpg

38595599112_9bd8eded4c_c.jpg

Bulgarian, Hungarian, Prussian, Austrian and TR all in one. 

24755691358_cff90f4bee_c.jpg

38595596202_a3b89e410c_c.jpg

I do believe this bar has a 25 year service medal that has been placed in ersatz on it (or it was earned prior to 1923). It was placed backwards to highlight the XXV in lieu of the Imperial Cypher. 

I bought this one out of an older collection and this one was wrapped in Saran wrap for at least 30 years. It may explain the crispness of the ribbons. 

24755688078_1e2b3f07c2_c.jpg

38595594172_393f282e21_c.jpg

24755685538_bc1b357a59_c.jpg

Please let me know of any concerns or comments! I love medal bars, they each can tell a story in their own special way. :cool: