Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Gary B

3rd Reich Medal bars... Show Yours!

HI Stormrider, 

Nice bars.  Your Hindenburg Cross with the clips on the reverse is for mounting it to a larger multi place medal bar.  Single parade mounts were made with these backing clips so they could be attached to a larger metal plate with corresponding slits and a pin back.  The individually mounted medals were then mounted to this larger metal plate to create a large medal bar.  

I do not have a picture of one but it is similar to the ribbon bars of the same construction type.

Gary B

15 hours ago, Gary B said:

HI Stormrider, 

Nice bars.  Your Hindenburg Cross with the clips on the reverse is for mounting it to a larger multi place medal bar.  Single parade mounts were made with these backing clips so they could be attached to a larger metal plate with corresponding slits and a pin back.  The individually mounted medals were then mounted to this larger metal plate to create a large medal bar.  

I do not have a picture of one but it is similar to the ribbon bars of the same construction type.

Gary B

Hi Gary, I figured as such but with this hobby (and that medal in particular), anything goes. ;) 

27 minutes ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Hi Stormrider, the one wit the Bulgarian one mounted first is very interesting!!

Hi Chris, I agree. I wonder who this man was? 

On ‎25‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 05:06, Stormrider59 said:

A bit battered (laundered) but still impressive 11 place Ribbon Bar, I'd love to know which Austrian Ribbon pertains to which medal. :) 

38628173931_2f1e396477_c.jpg

We can assume it´s an officer´s ribbon bar, therefore the austrian ribbons would (but must not!) be in common: Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Kl., Silberne Militärverdienstmedaille, Bronzene Militärverdienstmedaille, Karl-Truppenkreuz, Hindenburgkreuz, Österr. Kriegsmedaille, Jubiläumskreuz 1908 and Mobilisierungskreuz 1912-13.

Regards

Christian

IMG_2449.thumb.JPG.ebc61756d3434b9d4235fdd33b6cbadd.JPGIMG_2448.thumb.JPG.459eb13f4f8c729018a4e0b606dcb4b5.JPGIMG_2447.thumb.JPG.bc83b4ca5baa044d65b0791c96016785.JPG

This is my only 3rd riech bar to a Berlin  Police officer !

Edited by scottplen