News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Agricultural Merit Order 1913

medalnet

Wow! This is something I'd never even heard of before. Thank you for sharing, Andreas...

Have you found any statues establishing the order? Given the existance of a 'second class' badge as well as the one you've discovered as having been awarded to Evgenia Lazareva, it would seem to be a properly-instituted award, not just a pretty bauble given in recognition of a single individual's service.

Must beetle off and update my website...

The best reference for these decorations Patrikeev, S.B. and A. D. Bojnovich, "Badges of Russia" volume 3, 2005, which as well as giving details of the decoration illustrates various fakes which unfortuantely have beset the Russian market of late.

Paul

Here are to not too brilliant copies of the pages in volume 1

Paulhttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2013/post-3085-0-40832200-1361281760.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2013/post-3085-0-72227000-1361281808.jpg

Dear Paul,

I have been trying to remember this book title and just drew a blank. It took me years to finally get into the Hillwood museum to have those extremely nice folks there removing the 1st class badge from its public display and to compare them side by side.

Thanks so much for adding this in order to complete the first online record for the collecting community.

Andreas

Andreas, would you permit me to use your 2nd class image on my site, please?

Obviously the book ones are copyright, although I might try writing to the museum...

Just noticed as I was adding the page to my website, tomorrow is the 100th anniversary of the order's establishment, assuming the 21 February 1913 date on it refers to its institution!

Edited by Megan

Andreas, would you permit me to use your 2nd class image on my site, please?

Obviously the book ones are copyright, although I might try writing to the museum...

Just noticed as I was adding the page to my website, tomorrow is the 100th anniversary of the order's establishment, assuming the 21 February 1913 date on it refers to its institution!

Absolutely! Go ahead.

Edited by medalnet

• 1 month later...

Here we go!

As you can easily determine by the watermark this piece was sold by the auction house "Знакъ" some time ago.

Description:

"Made of silver and green enamel.

Diameter: 34,7 mm

Weight: 19,07 gr

Manufactured by the workshop E. Thielemans and marked "ET".

It is the only piece offered within the last 25 years and the second specimen that is known to be in a private hands"

The final price was 7.500.000 ruble or at today's rate ~ $240.000.

• 2 months later...