News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

GenLt Schilling's Dienstaltersliste Schutzpolizei 1933

I recently acquired this:

Dienstaltersliste der Polizeioffiziere der Schutzpolizei in Preussen 1933

An interesting piece, lists all Prussian police officers with first name, birth date, place and seniority. I'm not sure whether this is rare, but it might serve some research purpose. Wish it had a list of decorations, but it's got at least an index.

Also, it is the personal copy of later GenLt Otto Schilling. He made a lot of annotations about further careers, ranks and death dates (till postwar time). I will post some pics later.

Guest Rick Research

Yup, a GREAT :jumping: find since almost all of them would be back in the Wehrmacht in 1935 and are otherwise completely invisible.

Odd that THAT issue decided the most impoirtant thing (yawn) was the day they first joined the army (or navy). My 1941 Majors up for SchuPo and Gendarmerie thought it served some purpose :sleep: to list marital status and number of children!!!!! :speechless1:

Odd that THAT issue decided the most impoirtant thing (yawn) was the day they first joined the army (or navy).

Interesting you mention that, because it applies only to those with seniority dates before 1921. There are several notes in the book saying that from 1921 on, promotion dates to current rank are given.

Also, I'm still confused by the Schupo-Gendarmerie distinction. What exactly is the difference?

I understand there were other former Imperial officers that went into the Gendarmerie rather than into Schupo? Or would my list give all (senior?) Prussian police officers?