News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Arctic Star

• Replies 54
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hugh, sort, but no idea. My grandparents both found the Russian embassy to be really helpful with queries, so perhaps you could contact yours?

meanwhile, pic of miniatures as requested. Mounting done by Worcestershire Medal Service (who also did the display frame, and all my dads medal mounting too):

image.jpeg

• 10 months later...

Good morning everyone

This is a copy I bought and what I believe to be an issued version of the Arctic Star(it came in the official government issued box from a dealer). I have looked at many pictures on the internet of awarded stars and this looks good to me. The ring is in line in size with older stars but is not soldered. The writing "The Arctic Star" starts and ends differently to the copies but as the ACE forms a horizontal line with its start and finish. I hope this is useful.

(issued left,copy right)

Kind regards

Dave

DSC_0005.JPG

Edited by Shots Dave
    confirmation