News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
    • 6 months later...

Kapit?nleutnant Helmut Vogler's cap.

He was IWO U567 (Kdt Engelbert Endrass) and U-212 Kommandant.

Lost the 21 july 1944 in the English Channel, Sud of Brigthon.

I wonder why Vogler wasn't wearing his hat when his boat went down.

Thanks for the reply Gordon. I guess my dream of finding Gunther Prien's "backup" cap is alive and well. I'd like to respond to Darrell's quiery about removable tops. While Gordon is right about switching blue for white tops, Darrell also had it right that the white tops were removed for washing...hense the metal, removable, eagle. Sometimes a tag with the owners name was sewn on the inside of the top to match it to the body after cleaning. I have also seen white tops with the sewn eagle worn by U-Boat commanders.

Thanks for the reply Gordon. I guess my dream of finding Gunther Prien's "backup" cap is alive and well.

About 10 years ago Malcom Fisher (Regimentals) sold a blue cap with the medals (including the u-boat badge with diamonds) and some other things from Gunther Prien to a South African collector, so at least one of them is alive and well.

• 9 months later...
    • 11 months later...

HOLA EDUARDO,SOY FERNANDO EL COLECCIONISTA QUE TE ESCRIBIO AYER,PRIMERAMENTE FELICITARTE EL A?O NUEVO,POR OTRO LADO,POR FAVOR MANADME OTRA VEZ UN MAIL CON TU CORREO Y TELEFONOS,YA QUE LOS BORRE SIN QUERER,PARA QUE ME MANDES ALGUNA FOTO,POR OTRO LADO NO CONOCES LA TIENDA QUE TE COMENTE ORIGINAL-MILITARIA QUE ESTA EN MURCIA,DONDE COMPRE MI LEPANTO KM?LE CONOCI EN LA WEB QUE TIENEN,GRACIAS Y ESPERO TUS NOTICIAS UN SALUDO.

• 3 months later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 10 months later...
    • 6 months later...

Here is the RARE bird... a Kriegsmarine enlisted M1943 field cap. This is the one pictured in the 3-volume set of books on the Kriegsmarine. Apparently it came out of Bob Alexander's collection at some point.

That is a rare cap! I have never even seen an authentic one in a collection before!

William Kramer