News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear imperial collectors, I would like to show you a long ribbon bar today, please feel free to share your thought. The bar is not yet identified, please help if you have any clue. Thanks in advance.

By the way colour on ribbons are heavily faded, a bit difficult to see from the front however the rear side shows original colour of all ribbons.

8538066438_4467814b40_c.jpg

Mhh, nice one!

Cannot determine the 4th from last, but everything else is actually clear. Two Zähringer, two Albrechts, two Austrians...

The lack of Prussian pre-war orders or a long service decoration suggests a young Hauptmann... but one of the most decorated of the Reich! ;)

Saschaw, you are fast!

Is that a Baden Jubilee medal on the 4th from last?

Mhh, nice one!

Cannot determine the 4th from last, but everything else is actually clear. Two Zähringer, two Albrechts, two Austrians...

The lack of Prussian pre-war orders or a long service decoration suggests a young Hauptmann... but one of the most decorated of the Reich! ;)

Edited by lew

Does that make it a Baden bar instead of Prussian? :speechless:

A beautiful Godet ribbon bar.

Yes 4th from the left looks like the Baden Jubilee Medal.

Best wishes

Matt

Thank you guys!

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Since I'm no expert myself I was hoping someone could help me with some id work :rolleyes:

This officer must have left some trace in the books ?

Christer

The 4th to last ribbon might stand for a Baden jubilee medal, but it's not the proper ribbon for any Baden award.

He might well have been a Baden native with the two Zähringers, but Baden hadn't an army on its own - Baden troops were "Royal Prussian" from 1871 on.

I think Saschaw is right :beer:

Here I'm trying to make a list of the medals, some are in question so please correct me.

- EKII

- Hohenzollern House Order, with swords

- Centenarmedaille

- Order of Zähringen Lion Knight 3rd class, with oaks and swords

- Albert Order Knight 1st Class, with oaks and swords

- Militaerverdienstkreuz of Mecklenburg 2nd class

- Brunswick Ernst August Cross 2nd class

- Order of Zähringen Lion, class ?

- Albert Order, class ?

- Baden merit medal ? or service medal?

- Baden jubilee medal

- Order of the Iron Crown, class ?

- Austro-Hungarian Military Merit Cross 3rd Class

- Turkish War Medal

Edited by lew

Lew - a fantastic bar! It reminds me of one available a while back on a dealer's site, which went quickly. This may have been another you obtained privately. Regardless, a stellar bar with superb devices!

Well done.

J-

Lew - a fantastic bar! It reminds me of one available a while back on a dealer's site, which went quickly. This may have been another you obtained privately. Regardless, a stellar bar with superb devices!

Well done.

J-

You got me Jason!

All of that and no long service?

Great, isn't it? Must be a young Hauptmann...

I noticed the 5th to last may also be the Baden "Friedrich-Luisen-Medaille" instead of the Brunswick order...

4th to last still confuses me. If he was a Badener, it has to be the 1902 jubilee medal. But it's not the proper ribbon.

• 4 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Go ahead and tell all, sascha. It's a wonderful Godet bar, with more fancy-schmancy Godet devices than I've ever seen together. Despite the faded ribbon, identified and multiple devices that should be included in the permanent ribbon bar devices data base. :beer: