News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am really, really happy to be able to show these two articles Henk wrote about medals to Boers who served in the Anglo Boer war.

These appeared a number of years apart. I think they will be of great interest to many collectors. Certain portions of text can be found in both articles, but I thought if would be beneficial to post both articles in their entirety.

The Original article, with the variations

http://www.kaiserscross.com/40184/465722.html

A later version of the article with a bit on the wound ribbons

http://www.kaiserscross.com/40184/465743.html

And a huge thatnks to Henk Loots for allowing me to use them.

They are THE articles abouth the award.....

Hi, thanks for listing these. I received a copy of these from Henk a number of years ago and agree that they are the best references for the ABO medal I have come across. Well worth a read by any one interested in the ABO medal and medals in general for that matter. Cheers Gavin

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Chris

I do believe that when worn the ribbon must always have the yellow stripe facing left as in the DTD/DSO group illustrated. If you were from the Vrystaat you wore the Vrystaat coat of Arms facing outwards and boers from the Transvaal wore their Coat of Arms facing outwards. So suspect the Vrystaat example shown in the first post is incorrectly displayed?

Regards

Brian

• 1 year later...

I must say that even though I have been collecting Boer War for many many years I always enjoy reading the articles and information published by Henk......

He has taught me many things and I am very great full for his knowledge.....

Mike