News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oh Spain... what happened?

Chris Boonzaier

Hold on, folks. This kind of look is traditional for the Spanish Foreign Legion, for at least decades now. The heavy tatoos might go back to pre-Civil War, I'm not sure. The open-to-the-sternum shirt is the norm since at least the 1970s.

All that's new on this guerrero is the modern tatoo design, but not tatoos per se.

I could almost believe you had a hard drive full of pics of women like that.....

Thumb drive actually....

sexy-girl-with-tattoos.jpg

I was going to post this one in the "Iconic Weapons" thread...

tumblr_l8vreyLDNZ1qzbjxbo1_500.jpg

Edited by IrishGunner

• 9 months later...

Hi Boris,

I have no idea if the guy shown is gay or not, and to be honest, where and how someone lays the pipe is not my business.... and I dont see how you can see that on the photo?

I posted this because this guy looks like a full on disco Gigolo. And if you google the Spanish Foreign legion... this dude is not exactly the average Legionnaire? His pants that bit tighter, his gold chain, and he spends more time on his beard than the average guy does in the bathroon in a week.

I think most Sgts would kick a soldiers ass if he came onto parade wearing a gold chain like Mr-T, and most Sgts would say "You a Gigolo?? Shave that beard off!"

The Sacred Band of Thebes were indeed Spartans and homosexuals, I believe the whole army was formed from married male couples. Led to an even closer regimental belonging I suspect.

The film 300 is based on Frank Miller's graphic novel/comic. Frank led the field at both DC and Marvel with his style of drawing as the fans loved it. The film stays pretty close to the novel as it was meant to and not so near history but is a great "popcorn" movie (quoting Chris). Worth watching for the line when the Spartans are warned by Persians that their archers were so numerous that their arrows would block out the sun. Doineces replies "Then we will fight in the shade" from Histories somewhere and put into the film. New one out soon I believe - should have more girls in it from the looks of the trailers.

There would be no way that anyone would have dared to appear like the geezer in Chris' photo near to the Corporals let alone the Sergeants where I used to parade. Don't think he would have made it passed the lads anyway. Would've been fun to watch though.

Yep, been to have a look myself as well.

The Scared band of Thebes weren't Spartans (seeing as they are of Thebes duh). In fact they were an elite force of 150 pairs of male lovers within the Theben army in the 4th century BC. - I'm so glad there's an internet and I don't have to rely on my brain all of the time.