News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is it possible, that it is a tunic from an enlisted men from the

1. Garde - Dragoner - Regiment Königin Viktoria von Großbritannien und Irland ?

Best wishes

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I am in no way an expert... but that is IMHO that seems a logical identification. I think the shoulder boards will be difficult to find, but that is a tunic I would kill for myself....

If it is an issued piece, it should have some markings inside. What does the interior look like?

I agree with the identification. There really isn't anything else it can be with that collar.

The regimental cypher would look like the one on this prewar type strap. What you would be looking for is this crown and cypher in red on a field gray shoulder strap with red piping and tongue on the bottom (depending on when the tunic was manufactured). These would be quite rare (especially a pair) and would cost approximately $500-$600, if you could find them.

Chip

If you want to know how long it takes to find "A PAIR" of enlisted straps that are rare then I am the man who has experience. Don't get in a hurry, just sayin... ;)

Actually, Its exciting to look weekly or monthly at dealer sites who typically sell straps. I really helps it you keep reminding people who are strap collectors of your desire to acquire a pair. It took me nearly 10 years to find mine to replace the straps removed from my Leibgrenadier 100 tunic.

If it is an issued piece, it should have some markings inside. What does the interior look like?

I agree with the identification. There really isn't anything else it can be with that collar.

The regimental cypher would look like the one on this prewar type strap. What you would be looking for is this crown and cypher in red on a field gray shoulder strap with red piping and tongue on the bottom (depending on when the tunic was manufactured). These would be quite rare (especially a pair) and would cost approximately $500-$600, if you could find them.

Chip

Hello Chip,

it doesn´t have markings inside. I don´t think that the straps need a tongue by reason that the straps were

sewn into shoulder fissure. I can see the rest from the strap, fieldgrey with red pipe.

Is this collar a M10 ?

Regards

Andreas

Andreas,

If your tunic has no markings, then it is a private purchase piece and it makes sense that the shoulder boards were sewn into the shoulder seam, as this is normal for custom made tunics. An issued one would not have the straps attached this way. The collar is as it should be for a M08 dragoon Waffenrock.

Chip

Chip,

one question is 1. Garde-Maschinen-Gewehr-Abteilung maybe also possible!????

;) Thanks and best regards,

Jens

Jens,

This tunic has a standing collar. Only cavalry regiments had them.

Chip

Edited by Chip

• 4 years later...

To me is a enlisted men tunic , 1 Garde Dragoner Regiment . of the 1910 pattern . If you not find the cyphered shoulders boards . is correct to attach to the tunic a blank SB ,field grey with red piping .