News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ww2 british dog tags

Guest pikemedals

Guest pikemedals

i got a few ww2 british dog tags can i research them with the army numbers to what regiment or corp in which the men was in ?. 1st is named to J.OTTERWELL C.E. 1604R43.2nd is MORRION C.E. 536260. 3rd is L.E.SEABORN. C.E. 7667054.and two the navy 1st is S.CROSS ASST.C.K. COE. M.X.121928. 2nd is to a D.P.H.BRYER. PJ.X.717149 CE.last one to the raf named as 2434908 RAF R.C. DOLAN .i need help with the army ones thanks guys

That's a tough one however, this site may give a clue to the units they served in http://www.corpsofmilitarypolice.org/tools/armynumber?query=7667054

Service records are now available but you have to apply in writing, pay money and wait far too long in my opinion before receiving the record http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

My own service record took a whole year from application to receiving it but perhaps I'm impatient.

Tony

Guest pikemedals

thanks tony great site 536260 was to the hussars,7667054 is to the royal army pay corps,1604r43 is not coming up i think it the r in the number is not right will look again at the tag paul