News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal in Commemoration of Second Anniversary of China Provisional Government

JapanX

Very interesting Nick, thanks for posting this medal. I'm guessing it's very rare too?

I'm now more convinced that the similarity in manufacturing styles suggests the 1942 Nanjing Puppet Government Visit to Japan medal was indeed commissioned and manufactured in Japan.

Interesting the use of the golden grain and five coloured bar flag motif on the medal. The golden grain was a symbol of the early Republic (1912-28). The five coloured bar flag was of course that of the Republic before it was replaced by the Nationalist Blue Sky, White Sun, Red Field flag. It continued to feature in the flag of Manchukuo.

The Wang Jingwei Reorganised Government also had a fight with their Japanese overlords over the choice of flag. The Japanese wanted the old five coloured bar flag whilst the Wang Jingwei regime insisted on the Blue Sky, White Sun, Red Field since they claimed to be the legitimate successors to Sun Yat-sen.

• 2 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...