News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 122
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Chris,

Beautiful jacket! Being a collector of medical tunics, I do love what I see!!!

Do you know anything about this jacket's history? :o

Yup, my wifes Grandmother did not want the smelly thing around so she gave it to the local veterans association, which P'd her grandfather off. The old guy was happy when I went there to fetch it back and its been in my collecting room ever since.

Has he told you any stories? I bet he must have some great ones. I would love to hear some!

Military or Medical ?... he spoke a bit much in his dotage... a number of dashing U-Boot aces who shhepishly had to come to get themselves (and on occasion angry wife) cured of a packet.

Anyway, those are not to be retold. At some stage I will show all his stuff.

bvest

Chris

Military or Medical ?... he spoke a bit much in his dotage... a number of dashing U-Boot aces who shhepishly had to come to get themselves (and on occasion angry wife) cured of a packet.

Anyway, those are not to be retold. At some stage I will show all his stuff.

bvest

Chris

:lol: It is nice to know that sailors are pretty much the same world wide. Since being a medic, I have treated many cases of "unmentionable disorders" ... I can understand! Well, I would be interested in ANY stories that you can post... Military or medical.

Paul

• 5 months later...
    • 3 months later...

Michel

Stunning Bordjacke!! There was a recent discovery of 2 leather rain deck jackets and a U-bord jacket similar to the one just above. They sold at a country auction near me (Amish country PA, USA) for only 300 USD each. I was the second bidder :angry: and lost out!! I nearly cried....

Cheers,

Steve

Another U-Boot Bordjacke more easy to find. British pattern 37 battle dress reconditioned by the Kriegsmarine. Sadly, often it is impossible to say if it is a wartime made or after.

These can be dangerous for sure. I saw one which had German size marking etc stamped inside but was a pattern not used until after the fall of France so could not be one of the captured stock. Price of course was much more than a regular British battledress blouse.

• 2 months later...