News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Photos of the Ottomans and Allies decorated with the TWM

demir

• Replies 171
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 6th Corps, 25th Division Staff Officer Captain Ihsan and Esad at Ibrail Romanian Front

2. 2 Chanakkale Ghazis, left cavalry officer

3. Chanakkale Ghazi, Qadi (a judge appointed by the Sultan) of Galata Bahattin Efendi

4. Omer Fahrettin Pasha

5. Prince Omer Faruk Efendi, Son of last Caliph Abdülmecid

• 5 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

1. Pilot Lieutenant after 1915, He has the Turkish Liyakat with crossed sabers and also Turkish pilot badge

2. 2 Turkish Officers

3. 1916-17 Captains-Ottoman Konteradmiral Wilhelm Tögert 1871-1950

4. Turkish Red Crescent Officer

5. German First lieutenant

6. Turkish Ambassador to Berlin Kemaleddin Sami Pasha 29.9.1929- 15.4.1934

7. Mustafa Hilmi Pasha, the leader of the Turks in Dobrudscha, Romania.

8. Military Doctor Brigader Tevfik Saglam

9. Ottoman first lieutenant

• 3 weeks later...

1. Generaloberst vom Boehm-Ermolli (black cap ) Czernowitz front and another KuK officer with the TWM on his right

2. A German Officer

3. Major General Vladimir Vazov, commanding the 9th Infantry Division Pleven at positions near Doiran

source: La Gran Guerra 1914 - 1918, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Vazov , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Doiran_(1917)

Edited by demir

• 2 months later...
    Hilmi Paşha with Bulgarian Prince and Officers
    Front row: Gen.Dir. of Protocol Fuad Savfet Bey, Gen. Petroff, Prince Cyrill, Gen. Gekoff, Minister Koloutcheff, Hilmi Pasha
    Bulgarian Prince Cyrill, Gen. Gekoff and Hilmi Pasha have TWM, they also have other Ottoman orders and medals

Edited by demir

Bulgarian Officers

1. Bulgarian Officer

2. Major Gen. Konstantin Zhostov

3. Major Gen. Vladimir Vazov (Major General Vladimir Vazov,commanding the 9th Infantry Division Pleven at positions near Doiran, about 1918 source- La Gran Guerre)

4 Nikol Todorov Zhekov (Minister of War and Supreme Commander)

• 2 weeks later...

This one I have marked as linked to the Goeben....cannot recall why or how...maybe Demir can assist?

I just checked. The back of the photo has a note written in the old Turkish script. This was translated (by Demir I believe) as " when I was on board Yavuz" (other name for the Goeben.

I just checked. The back of the photo has a note written in the old Turkish script. This was translated (by Demir I believe) as " when I was on board Yavuz" (other name for the Goeben.

Hi Terry,

Can you scan and post the reverse

Best wishes

Demir

Merhaba Demir

Here it is.

"13/12/33 (1333 -1917) Yavuz üzerinde bulundugum esnada"

13.12.1917 while I am on board Yavuz

This officer and the chubby officer on top with his wife (A lieutenant colonel - his uniform is from 1933-47 period - He also has the Medal of Independence. He wears the War Medal on his left breast instead of right) are Turkish. If you can say what is on his collar I may be able to say his class. It looks like medical doctor.

Edited by demir

"13/12/33 (1333 -1917) Yavuz üzerinde bulundugum esnada"

13.12.1917 while I am on board Yavuz

This officer and the chubby officer on top with his wife (A lieutenant colonel - his uniform is from 1933-47 period - He also has the Medal of Independence. He wears the War Medal on his left breast instead of right) are Turkish. If you can say what is on his collar I may be able to say his class. It looks like medical doctor.

Tesekurler Demir.

You mean the one with the ...beautiful wife....lol...?

Edited by TerryG