News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My collection of three different 1904-1905 medal

usairforce

For the rest of us without the Crib Notes, could someone provide the dénouement?

It's a fake? They are all fake? Is Shandong a hot bed of fake production? Why would someone put a gold mark on a bronze medal?

For the rest of us without the Crib Notes

I believe the correct word will be aide-mémoire or (if you prefer argo) tuyau :whistle:

...could someone provide the dénouement?

Hmmm...

So you like french and (simultaneously) don't like mystery :lol:

Is Shandong a hot bed of fake production?

331734f709fd9ed3057dd63f366f0ea5.gif

Why would someone put a gold mark on a bronze medal?

They call it in Moscow "усиление предмета"/"strengthening of the item" :lol:

In case of this "medal" we are talking about very naïve "strengthening" ;)

Mental note: find out how they call this "process" in Shandong.

As for the rest of them...

You see, there were too many private makers of this light (and dark) bronze version of the medal.

The one on the right looks like authentic (but very "tied") piece that was made by St.Peterburg mint (one of 700 000 that were made by this mint in 1906)

The medal on the left looks like one of these privately made pieces.

Dénouement de l'opération

Edited by JapanX

Are you trying to say that the medal is Bronze Gilt, or would the marking not be applied even in this case?

What I am trying :lol: to say is that this medal is a fake and the mark is a fake.

... would the marking not be applied even in this case?

Ok guys, I'll give you a tip - there is no "Да вознесетъ васъ Господь в свое время" on reverse.

Very bad sign! :lol:

I believe the correct word will be aide-mémoire or (if you prefer argo) tuyau :whistle:

Hmmm...

So you like french and (simultaneously) don't like mystery :lol:

331734f709fd9ed3057dd63f366f0ea5.gif

They call it in Moscow "усиление предмета"/"strengthening of the item" :lol:

In case of this "medal" we are talking about very naïve "strengthening" ;)

Mental note: find out how they call this "process" in Shandong.

As for the rest of them...

You see, there were too many private makers of this light (and dark) bronze version of the medal.

The one on the right looks like authentic (but very "tied") piece that was made by St.Peterburg mint (one of 700 000 that were made by this mint in 1906)

The medal on the left looks like one of these privately made pieces.

Dénouement de l'opération

Merci beaucoup Nick.
    I think I have my answers. My colloquial use of words may have caused some confusion, but not too much confusion that I wasn't understood. The plain-backed 1904-05 medal is unusual to me and I wasn't sure if it just wasn't a (very) strange private version.
    Hmmm...

So you like french and (simultaneously) don't like mystery :lol: Oh, I like a mystery, I just don't like it; in my bank account, my sushi, or in militaria.

My colloquial use of words may have caused some confusion, but not too much confusion that I wasn't understood.

Confusion?

More like enlivening :lol:

The plain-backed 1904-05 medal is unusual to me and I wasn't sure if it just wasn't a (very) strange private version.

By the way, I saw once a normal light bronze medal with same fake-later-added mark 56 ....

Guess somebody was seized with dream of selling unique gold version :lol:

:cheers:

Edited by JapanX

Confusion?

More like enlivening :lol:

Good....glad to hear that.

By the way, I saw once a normal light bronze medal with same fake-later-added mark 56 ....

Guess somebody was seized with dream of selling unique gold version :lol:

:cheers:

Ahh, so this would be an example of "strengthening the item" Why buy a simple 10£ medal when you can buy the same medal with a 56 mark for 50£.

Ahh, so this would be an example of "strengthening the item" Why buy a simple 10£ medal when you can buy the same medal with a 56 mark for 50£.

Exact!

But I am afraid that for "unique gold version" one would ask at least £1000 :whistle:

These are ture ...

Guess this is chinese equivalent of "thank you"...

You are welcome :lol:

this 56 medal maybe made in china .

Maybe even in Shandong :lol:

Edited by JapanX