News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal For Defence of Sevastopol 1854-1855

Noor

Hi,

I just came accross with that disk and would like to know a little pit more - how rare medal it is, fair price for that, etc. Also I presume there is plenty of copies floating around.

Any help regards the authenticity regards the disk and the price would be great.

Regards,

Noor

22275439e6ef8f_l.jpg

The medal is known in silver and bronze, from your illustration it appears to be lead or a lead alloy, if lead it is unofficial. Or is it just a bad photo and it is silver.

Paul

The medal is known in silver and bronze, from your illustration it appears to be lead or a lead alloy, if lead it is unofficial. Or is it just a bad photo and it is silver.

Paul

As far as I remember all 253 000 medals were minted in silver in St.Petersburg mint in 1855-1856.

There are two versions.

"With point" and "without point".

Let`s take a look at them ;)

"Without point" (it is believed that this version is more scare than previous and it also was minted a little bit later - that`s why they sometime call it "after 1855")

Obverse

Any help regards the authenticity regards the disk and the price would be great.

By these photos?

Come on Timo! :lol:

Well, it looks like "dishonored" silver "without point" to me.

But I can`t be sure with these photos :whistle:

Price?

As much as somebody will be ready to pay for the damaged piece ;)

Cheers,

Nick

• 1 year later...