News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BRITISH FOOT LOCKER 1942 HELP PLEASE

HI I BOUGHT A TRUNK THE OTHER NIGHT FROM EBAY TO DO UP AS A BEDDING BOX, WHEN WE PICKED IT UP IT WAS VERY DIRTY WITH LOADS OR COATS OF PAINT, MY HUSBAND CLEANED IT TODAY AND THERE IS SOME THING WROTE ON THE TOP STATING LT HUBLE WE THINK, THEN ON THE SIZE ENGRAVED IN TINY WRITING IS E W 1941 ALSO IT HAS A PLAQUE STATING BED 99 ON INSIDE, IT WONT LET ME UPLOAD PICS BUT IF YOU THINK YOU COULD HELP I COULD EMAIL YOU OR IF YOU COULD TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD I WILL.

ANY HELP NEEDED , DONT WANNA MAKE THIS A BEDDING BOX AND PAINT OVER IF HAS ALOT OF HISTORY, ALSO ON THE OUTISDE ITS METAL ON INSIDE ITS SOLID WOOD, AND WHERE THERE MUST HAVE BEEN NOTS IN THE WOOD THE HAVE BEEN CUT OUT AND NEW PIECES OF WOOD PUT IN.

IT HAS A STAMP ON INSIDE ALSO THAT I CANT MAKE OUT AND THE NAME VORR I THINK WROTE IN PENCIL ON INSIDE THANKS X X X

Hi - Maggie, welcome to GMIC. In all honesty I don't think your chest has any great rarity value. The plaque that was inside sounds like a Bed no. for use

when in Camp. Some Regts. have very fancy designs. He may have been promoted or, perhaps it just changed hands several times.

Why not repaint it for use - but outline the name and paint around-it ? There is help at the top of the page to explain how to post pictures.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Mervyn