News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Huang Shaohong warlord medal Fake or Real?

bolewts58

This is totally outside my area of interest. So any help on this medal would be great.

I picked it up for a few Euros. So, I'm not particularly worried about it. I know this stuff is heavily faked. But, I compared it to one that sold at Baldwin's in HK and it's identical. Did I get lucky, or...

thanks.

bolewts58, on 17 May 2013 - 04:30, said:

This is totally outside my area of interest. So any help on this medal would be great.

I picked it up for a few Euros. So, I'm not particularly worried about it. I know this stuff is heavily faked. But, I compared it to one that sold at Baldwin's in HK and it's identical. Did I get lucky, or...

thanks.

I think we need to be doubly careful as more and more 'reputable' dealers are listing these items. Just because an item is offered by a major house of good repute it does not necessarily make it authentic. But, because they are 'reputable' they more than likely will refund your purchase.

I agree Richard. A well known firm in Switzerland had some very dodgy stuff (amongst some good pieces) a couple of years ago. Some dealers and and auctioneers will withdraw items if you tell them others would rather not know. If you are thinking of buying an item from auction or a dealer, especially Warlord material, and you are not certain send an image, there are people here only to happy to help and between us we have a very high level of expertise, better than spending a lot of money and having to argue the toss afterwards.

Paul

A well known firm in Switzerland had some very dodgy stuff (amongst some good pieces) a couple of years ago.

Believe it or not, but this "well known firm in Switzerland" still has this "very dodgy stuff" :lol: