News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The 1914/15 Christmas Truces - Recent Movie Release

Guest kaiserzeit

Hello Everyone,

I have come upon a movie which was released at the end of 2005 that sounds very interesting but I cannot find it anywhere to purchase. It is called "Merry Christmas (Joyeux No?l)" by the French director Christian Carion:

http://www.premiermoviereviews.com/merry%20christmas.htm

Its reviews sound excellent and it covers a very interesting and controversial side of WW1.

If anyone knows where I might purchase a DVD of it, I would greatly appreciate - the conventional sources are coming up dry. I don't care about the format, I'll get it converted if need's be.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Laurie

Hello Laurie:

I found the movie "Joyeux No?l" by the French director Christian Carion listed at www.imdb.com where there is more information regarding it. I would like to get a copy too!

It looks like an interesting movie, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Best regards,

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister

Guest kaiserzeit

Hi SPM,

Thank you for pointing me towards IMDB, it is a valuable resource!

I got a bit more on the movie:

"Joyeux Noel" played at the Palm Springs Film Festival just 4 weeks ago...and was also just nominated for an Oscar. It is being prepared for a release in theaters across the country (under the title "Merry Christmas"), and its studio (Sony) is usually slow to release films to DVD."

That's all for now.

Cheers,

Laurie