News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can a member assist with information on the below named officers : -

1887 Jubilee medals to -

PC J. Barnes "P" Division

PC E. Andrews "N" Division

1897 Jubilee to -

PC C. Cox "V" Division

I would be most obliged for any information at all.

Thanks

Peter

J Barnes is probably PC John Barnes Warrant Number 58422; he joined 16/11/1874 as a PC in P Div (Camberwell) and left 31/12/1891; he was then still a PC in P Div. Left under a cloud as his Resignation was Permitted (RP - later this terminology was changed to Required to Resign).

E Andrews 1887 - N Div (Islington). Sorry I can't identify this man - he either left between June 1887 and early 1889 when the discharge registers start or transferred to another division before he left and thereby wiping out our only clue, his the link to N Div.

C Cox is PC Charles Cox Warrant Number 81300; he joined 01/06/1896 as a PC in V Div (Wandsworth) and was pensioned 05/06/1922 as a PC in L Div (Lambeth). He earned an 1897 Jubilee Medal (PC V Div), 1902 Coronation Medal (PC V Div), 1911 Coronation Medal (PC).

Edited by Odin Mk 3

• 3 weeks later...