News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Isabella the catholic

cjb4671

Hi there, I'm new here and thought I would join up as your website came up during a google search for this spanish order that I purchased today. I purchased this medal today from a local car boot sale and the guy told me it was awarded to his sister in law / or sister ,(I cant quite remember..but it was a realtive of his), who had worked in some capacity of authority at windsor castle and this ,(and the german one I'm posting in the relevant section), were given to her. Possibly during the 1980's or 90's. It came in what appears to be it's original box

having said all that foreign orders are a new ball game for me and what I know is courtesy of google and wikipedia. So I would like to know a few things about it...1) Is it genuine? 2) When does it date from? 3) is it made of silver 4) if it is made from silver does it have any value other than the scrap value.

It is the Silver Merit Medal of the Order of Isabella the Catholic, It is aboslutely right and in it Cejalvo case of issue and should be made of silver. The provenance seems logical it is the sort of decoration that a member of the Royal Household would have received during the visit of the Spanish head of state and I the date given appears to ring true.

As to value not huge but certainly at least double the silver value and maybe slightly more. It is a shame it has been seperated from the award document which would confirm the provenance 100%. Whish I could find such thing in car boot sales, all I ever find is pure unadulterated junk. Nice find.

Paul

Thank you Paul. Well even if it's only worth double scrap value,(That would make it around £25/30), I'm still quids in..I paid £8 each for the spanish and german medals. They were priced at £10 each and I didn't know what I was buying so took a gamble when he said I could have for £8 each......But that being said I'm going to keep them and hope I see him again to get some details..There is much more than "pure unadulterated junk." you just need to hunt like a hawk ;)