News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kara-George Mini

I usually don't receive a lot of gifts from relatives near my birthday (because they usually end up forgetting my birthday! except my mum and dad) but this year was an exception, oddly enough I received this in the mail today (my birthday isn't for 2 weeks), it was adressed to me and came with 2 other medals (a Montenegro Medal I'll post in the Montenegro section, and a Austrian Minitarue which I'll post in the Austro Hungarian section) it was from my Uncle and Aunt living in Toronto :D

Here are the pictures of the "Kara George" Mini It is a "perfect" example by my eyes, I can't find a scratch or ding :D

DSCN7312_zps28690828.jpg

RSCN7314_zpsd202b7d3.jpg

As you can see its a "2 part", it is all the more amazing because the piece itself is no larger than a small coin ( The Cross itself is just above the size of a penny) and yet the detail is superb :) You can even make out the writing on it a bit.

RSCN7313_zps2a9aa009.jpg

RSCN7308_zps96605594.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed it a lot I'm still getting over the shock :D it is probobly the most beautiful pin ever !

Regards,

Igor

Association of recipients of the Star of Karageorge with swords miniature pin, great piece! :)

Wish my relatives were giving me presents like that :)

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best regards,

Radmilo

Association of recipients of the Star of Karageorge with swords miniature pin, great piece! :)

Wish my relatives were giving me presents like that :)

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best regards,

Radmilo

Thanks Radmilo for the kind comments :) I'm sure you'll receive something like this in the future from family, most years I don't get anything this cool either, but this year is rather special :D:)

Edited by Rogi

• 4 weeks later...

One more miniature pin, Association of recipients of the Albanian retreat medal.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-7937-0-65088700-1372355493.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-7937-0-05239900-1372355652.jpg

Greetings and thank you both. I own couple of medals and document but when it comes to Association nothing except that pin. I have some interesting images on my HDD, I'll send them to you later.

Best regards,

Radmilo

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my birthday present :)

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2013/post-7937-0-16314200-1374323851.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2013/post-7937-0-91008700-1374323920.jpg

• 3 years later...

I was going through some old topics and stumbled upon this one, I completely forgot about it.
    That "Association of recipients of the Albanian retreat medal miniature" was actually issued by the Association for Preserving the Traditions of the Serbian Liberation Wars Until 1918 in 1975.
    Article by S. Radan, R. Mandić and N. Bjeloš published in Serbian magazine Dinar.
    01.jpg.b941a95962b7a60c3f2a73e5b872e371.jpg