News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Not to rain on your parade, Lambert, but be prepared for a wait if you order direct from LAC. The government - no names, but his initials are Stephen Harper - has gutted the staff there and a friend tells me the place is like a morgue these days. The wait time for documents is now measured in months. The other option is find a researcher in Ottawa who'll do the leg work for you. As you have name, service number and all it may not be too pricy. Mike, is there anyone you know and might recommend?

Hi Peter......

Sorry but it was not SH but the previous liberal govt. that did the most damage......

Mike

Here is some info from the BMF.....

I am a registered military history researcher in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada at the Library and Archives Canada. If you require information on Canadian medal recipients or military research in general please visit my website ( Military Research and Consultancy ) at...

www.mrandc.ca

It is possible to access all WW 1 personnel records and KIA records for WW2 service members. If you have proof of death for WW 2 veterans ( they must be deceased for at least 20 years ) I can submit to view the file. This unfortunately takes a couple of months to process but is worth it if you are looking for information on WW 2 medal recipients.

Regards

Ken Joyce

Not to rain on your parade, Lambert, but be prepared for a wait if you order direct from LAC. The government - no names, but his initials are Stephen Harper - has gutted the staff there and a friend tells me the place is like a morgue these days. The wait time for documents is now measured in months. The other option is find a researcher in Ottawa who'll do the leg work for you. As you have name, service number and all it may not be too pricy. Mike, is there anyone you know and might recommend?

Hello Peter.

It's a little discouraging to wait months for a few copies of documents. but you need to know a little history of the soldier J. Lambert.

Be done.

RB

Lambert

My project is to achieve the greatest possible number of medals to veterans named Lambert. (name of my great grandfather, who came to Brazil in the late 1800s).

tale with the help of lords.

regards
    Lambert

Ken

I stand corrected! :blush:

Lambert

I agree that knowing more than the name is part of the real joy of collecting medals! When I had a collection it was all to Indian soldiers from the old British Empire and when I started the name on the medal was all the info. available, which was always disheartening. Best of luck with your project.

Peter