News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial German 98/02 Bayonet by Erfurt

I would appreciate if any of you could help me with the correct price for this bayonet. Thanks in advance. Regards

1902 Imperial German 98/02 Saw Back Bayonet pre WWI, numbered with matching numbered scabbard.
    Markings at the base of the blade show year of manufacture, "02" = 1902 and the emperor during that period "W" with the crown above it signifies Wilhelm II who ruled from 1888-1918
    Side of blade has "Erfurt" (manufacture/region)
    Possibly one of the most desirable bayonets of the 20th century, the Mauser 98/02. Originally issued to pioneers, railway pioneers and telegraph troops, this model of bayonet is highly desired amongst edge weapon collectors. Manufactured by Erfurt Gewehrfabrik, the production of the S98/02 began in 1902 and ceased in 1905, this example is with a very good blade is Imperial acceptance stamped, crown over 'W' over the date '02' with a crown over 'Erfurt' maker's mark.

The 98/02, while only being produced from 1902 till 1905, was issued into WWI to various units, including Pioneers, Telegraph and other communications, Foot Artillery, Railroad units.