News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Deutscher Schützenbund photos

Very nice picture, thank you for showing it.

Not sure how much help I can be. The shooting medals on the chain would be for specific events. Some named to the individual on the reverse. Usually the club and or event engraved also.

I don't have an exact example to any in the picture but here is one for an idea.

--dj--Joe

Guest Rick Research

Only the first 3 medals on his medal bar were official-- Iron Cross 2nd 1914, Brunswick Ernst August Cross 2nd, and Prussian War Effort Cross. Next =?, then Kyffhäuserbund membership medal 1920s, one of the 1909 to 1914 centennial commemoratives for either Brunswick or Hanoverian forces in the Napoleonic Wars (probably Brunswick--can't see enough detail), then the 1920s German "Ehrenlegion" medal with combatants wreathed sword, and finally Kyffhäuserbund merit cross 2nd class.

He is... festooned! :speechless1:

Thanks very much guys for your replies and help. I have several of this type of portrait photo.

Here is one that someone else helped to identify some of the medals.

Deutscher Schützenverband photo.

Medals:

Konig Ludwig Kreuz 1916

Goldene Hochzeits Erinnerungsmunze in Essen

Kyffhauser Kriegsdenkmunze des Weltkriegs

Rest unknown

Cheers,

Larry

Hello Larry,

very nice pictures.

Thanks very much guys for your replies and help. I have several of this type of portrait photo.

Here is one that someone else helped to identify some of the medals.

Deutscher Schützenverband photo.

Medals:

Konig Ludwig Kreuz 1916

Goldene Hochzeits Erinnerungsmunze in Essen

Kyffhauser Kriegsdenkmunze des Weltkriegs

Rest unknown

Cheers,

Larry

Hello Larry, very nice picture of a bavarian shootingclub member after WW1.

After the Kyffhäuser is a "Ehrenlegion des Weltkrieges" and the last medal is the bavarian service-medal for 9 or 12 years.

On the picture below you will see a member of the house Lippe-Detmold with a lot of decorations of this dutchy.

regars Andreas

Hello Larry,

very nice pictures.

Hello Larry, very nice picture of a bavarian shootingclub member after WW1.

After the Kyffhäuser is a "Ehrenlegion des Weltkrieges" and the last medal is the bavarian service-medal for 9 or 12 years.

On the picture below you will see a member of the house Lippe-Detmold with a lot of decorations of this dutchy.

regars Andreas

Thanks Andreas, I will add that information to my files.

Here is another portrait from my collection. I did some browsing on the internet last night and found this excellent site. http://www.germaniainternational.com/hunting6.html

The large medallion around his neck is the Schutzen Konig Kette Prize for Master as seen on the site I pasted.

The chains sure were elaborate.

Cheers,

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Schutzenbund awards catalogue from 1990 but am away from my bookshelf at the moment. when I get back I will identify the ones that I can.

That would be great!

Here is one more from my collection.

Larry

Post #5:

The breast stars are for the House Order of the Honor Cross from Lippe-Detmold and the Order of the Wendian Crown, probably from Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

The medal bar:

• EK2

• Lippe War Merit Cross

• Mecklenburg-Strelitz Cross for Merit in War

• Red Cross Medal

• Lippe House Order

• three others I can't make out, though one is presumably the Commemorative Medal of the Contended Claim to the Throne.

It appears to be Julius Ernst Prinz zur Lippe (1873–1952), whose wife was Maria Herzogin von Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

Post #5:

The breast stars are for the House Order of the Honor Cross from Lippe-Detmold and the Order of the Wendian Crown, probably from Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

The medal bar:

• EK2

• Lippe War Merit Cross

• Mecklenburg-Strelitz Cross for Merit in War

• Red Cross Medal

• Lippe House Order

• three others I can't make out, though one is presumably the Commemorative Medal of the Contended Claim to the Throne.

It appears to be Julius Ernst Prinz zur Lippe (1873–1952), whose wife was Maria Herzogin von Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

Thank Dave, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Larry