News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lovely stuff Ralph!

I have several Wurttemburg bars myself too! love em!

Is your Gold Military Merit Medal Marked for the gold content?

Nice display in the frame! Hmm, makes me get creative with my Wurttemburg bars!

Thanks for showing!

Cheers

Paul

The only GBM marked for content is the 8K one, marked 333 on the ?se. The 14K & 22K ones (as is often the case with real gold orders, Prussian decree be damned) you will find NO maker mark, NO content mark for gold.

yet again, another situation that flys in the face of........ think "crowns"

Notned;

These are the awards for Ritterkreuztrager Oberstlt. Friedrich Jaeger, who was the first Wurttemberger to win the knights cross (before Rommel) in France, on 5/26/1940. He was wounded six times, the last at Stalingrad, where he was evacuated. He was ardent anti-nazi and was intimately involved with the July '44 plot to kill Hitler (von Stauffenburg was a close friend) , when he was the commander of the reserve panzer units in the Stettin and Kalisch defence districts. His role was to arrest an SS general after the assassination, but was himself arrested, tried in the "Peoples Court" and hung at Plotzeensee Prison the same day on 8/21/44. During WW1, he was an Oberlt with Olga-Grenadier Rgmt 119. He fought at the Argonne, the Somme and Isonzo. He was awarded the Wurttemburg gold military merit medal and was wounded severely in 1917. His is a long and very distinguished military history...

Dave

IPB Image

My friend's father is Krafft Jaeger (German Cross in Gold), who fought in Crete, Africa (90th Lt. Div), Demjansk and Cholm. He was also a company commander for the Wachbataillon Berlin "Grossdeutschland". He was arrested and implicated with the 44' plot, and sent to Sachenhausen concentration camp. He was "rescued" by the allies before the SS had a chance to execute him in 1945. He is the last living participant of the 44' plot.

IPB Image

Double wow! another distinguished career soldier!

I count 19 awards on the 2 bars!!

Not to mention the awards for single handedly destroying 16 tanks!!

AWESOME!!!

And this friend of yours..he has these medals? i hope so!

Imagine such history in the family...

He must be such a pround wurttemburger!

Thanks ever so much for sharing this with us!

Kind regards

Paul

Rick:

Not being an "orders and medals guy", and in particular Wurttemberg orders, I had to ask my friend about the improper light blue FO ribbon used for the MMO. Here is his answer: From the mid-19th century to August-September 1914 the same light blue ribbon was used for both the MMO and the FO. After that time the gold w/ black stripes war ribbon was used for the MMO and MMM. As far as why the earlier solid gold MMO with the earlier ribbon (which was awarded in 1918) and the MMM in gold with the later ribbon (which he believes was awarded in 1914) was used on his bar he has no clue. However, the bar is after the war (obviously) and he has pictures of his grandfather wearing this bar configuration in civilian clothes (he was a judge) in the 1930s during re-unions for the 26th Reserve Division. As an interesting note, he remembers his grandmother's story that she had to pay the gold value to the state in order to keep both the MMO and MMM, when his grandfather died in the late 1930s.

Dave