News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

STUCK at Generalmajor... for 17 years! A Minis Chain

Guest Rick Research

This also shared courtesy of the Traveling Museum, from a super convention of minis waaaay back in... 2010 while I was offline. Thought it HAD been posted, along with the other exquisite tiny treasures. Meet Generalleutnaant-to-be von Stuckrad, and the awards he wore from 1900 to 1914! Scans are from the 1900 Rank List and 1908/09 German Orders Almanac-- see text (eventually)!

Guest Rick Research

Entry in 1913 directory of retired officers, 1921 Helden-Gedenkmappe entries on his family's war dead, and his--ultimate--wartime RAO2E gazette in the 11 July 1918 (!) Militär-Wochenblatt.

Guest Rick Research

I apologize for posting explanatory story as scans, but I've got some sort of "technical issue" with copy/paste in my new incarnation online and am NOT about to RE-type my usual Epic Narratives. (I also miss being able to slide scans into the midst of texts so's youze never noticed how long those epics were back In The Day, huh? :whistle: )

Text PAGE ONE is smehow at RIGHT--the taller page. Read that first, THEN the shorter page which has attached at left.

Note that we of the Research Gnome Community must ever be alert for contemporary ERRORS in primary sources. When History's broke--we fix it!!!

Edited by Rick Research

Here is his entry from the Stammliste in the 1913 regimental history of IR 26. To fill in your rank list gap, it appears he was actually promoted to Hauptmann in 1881, but it was backdated when he was transferred to IR 26 in 1882.

Edited by Dave Danner

Guest Rick Research

I never realized how fluid seniority was before Glenn and Andy got me back into the 19th century diggings. Every little advantage in the promotions pool, any minor back pay raise....