News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

REPUBLIC OF KOREA (SOUTH KOREA) TIGER MEDAL

heusy68

Hello Gentlemen,

I was recently in Korea (second visit there),and of cours eI went to Korean War Mémorial. This time I took a picture of a medal unknown to me (but extremely well manufactured). A fellow collector told me that during the korean war, some partisan units manufactured their own award. Or shortly after the end of the war, chinese anti-communist partisan that were not part of the Army of South Korea (but fought alongside them) had no the idea to issued their own awards.

I lack knowledge in this specific field. It's not a State Award, but it's beautifull,and it deserve someone who know more to reply this post. Maybe Don would comment this post, he's most welcome to correct the mistake I could have written.

Emmanuel

• 1 month later...

It looks like a private issue (like what Jewelery stores used to issue) The medal itself looks very well made to be a "home grown" production, but then again we don't really have a reserves pic of it either :D