News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Authenticity questions

• Replies 116
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>#288894 ...1946?

>Or maybe somewhere around 1960?

Yeah. Late war, or thereafter Not nearly optimal but the price is right..

>I agree, original piece with replaced screwplate.

Thanks, Auke. I appredciate your help.

Man...I want an OPW1....

>#288894 ...1946?

>Or maybe somewhere around 1960?

Yeah. Late war, or thereafter Not nearly optimal but the price is right..

>I agree, original piece with replaced screwplate.

Thanks, Auke. I appredciate your help.

Man...I want an OPW1....

Wait until you get one, and then you end up wanting a Lenin, then you have trouble :D hehehehe :)

or excuse me, more like your bank account then has trouble :D hehehe :)

Edited by Rogi

What do you think about the date?

I am thinking late 50s-60 ....

Shishkov seems to place it in that time frame. Schmitt seems to have it within a block of mostly 45/46 awards. Those are my only two references.

Most probably this was made in 1945 (or even before), and possibly awarded for an actual war-time deed.

But what if it's not? Do I want it in my strictly GPW-era collection? Maybe I'm being too picky?

PS. my Glory3 is 633k. That probably does not fit my criteria, does it?

.... :unsure:

It's hard to say with these later pieces. First we need to define "date". My guess is that this piece was awarded either during the later stages of the war or in 1947 as a wound award, but in any case, it was issued after the war.

The same goes for your Glory 3rd Class. Most likely awarded late during the war, but issued afterward.

Weight 16.99g +/- .01

Ring unsoldered

Unfaded ribbon underneath upper ribbon on obverse

seems to have a good deal of gold wash remaining.

strange yellowing to ribbon on lower reverse not exhibited elsewhere

Edited by Eric Gaumann

They all are Eric ;)

P.S. I see you are using one of your six RS as a stand :)

That's all you got, pointing out the obvious? :speechless:

I just dropped a week's pay on this and all I want....man, where are Paul, Alexei and Marc when you need them???

You get that right! :lol:

I just dropped a week's pay on this ...

Sinner! 5131da368642e21d37a7594af0d51547.gif

... where are Paul, Alexei and Marc when you need them???

4ffb101a9146aa1d7fdb4c05d778faac.gif

Edited by JapanX

Actually Nick, it is true. Not sure why the rude smileys and mocking of people. We have yet to see your collection. I fully realise that you are busy posting thread after thread of the same eastern Ebay type awards which no one can afford and of course, the research that next to no one can understand because it isn't translated. :whistle::lol: :lol:

This is futile. I thought this place had potential. Enjoy your continuation of the same boring threads.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz summarizes them.

I'm too old for this crap.

I have to stand up for Nick here.

1. Nick has a great sense of humor, but one that some people find hard to digest. I can guarantee there's no rudeness or mockery intended. If you can't take those smileys right, well... :whistle:

2. "We have yet to see your collection" - very childish challenge. Funny too how some "experts," whose advice has been gobbled up, never (or rarely) showed a piece of their own and weren't called out. (I respect their choice for privacy, personally.) Did I mention that Nick's primary interest is not Soviet awards? I do believe he's shown some non-Soviet gems from his collection elsewhere.

3. The point of the "eastern Ebay" threads is to educate, to show what's out there, to give people something interesting to look at. We've certainly had some visitors who can and do afford them. As for translation, that's rather a lot to expect of someone, very time-consuming just to provide for general interest. And there are indeed members who can understand the originals.

I've certainly learned a lot from these threads and don't find them boring at all. If you do feel like dozing off, why not post something more interesting?

4. Regarding investment value - there are some economists among us who would probably very much like to see reliable, statistical proof that "it is true." Please do provide if you have it!

I just dropped a week's pay on this and all I want....man, where are Paul, Alexei and Marc when you need them???

Eric, if this is your present approach to the issue, I respectfully suggest rethinking it.

Edited by RedMaestro