News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

12. Infanterie-Regiment - circa 1930

KIR

Hi,

I have a picture from the german infantry-regiment Nr. 12 (Reichswehr), around 1930.

Between the officiers sitting a foreign soldier (maybe from China!???).

I will be appreciate for any information.

;) Thanks and best regards,

Jens

Edited by KIR

Hallo Jens!

Looks like a chinese officer to me ;)

Shao-wei to be exact , i.e. 2nd lieutenant (branch-colored collar-patch edged gold with 1 gold bar + one golden triangle in the center).

We are talking about Chinese nationalist army (Chung-kuo Lu-chun).

Judging by his uniform this photo was made no earlier than in 1929.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

Guest Rick Research

If there is no date, are any of the German officers named? There is a Stammliste 1921-1938 for Inf Rgt 12. Ranks/assignments (old guys with 1914-18 awards) could help narrow the date down.

I do not know if foreign officers temporarily assigned got mentioned in the Militär-Wochenblätter. I don't have any indices for circa 1930.

Hello guys,

thank you very much for your great help!!! :jumping:

@Nick: great, so a 2nd lieutenant from the Chinese nationalist army! Thank you for your detailed informations!

@Rick & Andy: sorry - I forgot to tell, it's the 13. (Minenwerfer)-Kompanie from the 12. Infanterie-Regiment, on the back the picture is dated between 1926 -1930.

I have three big pictures from the Minenwerfer-Kompanie, from 1922 - 1926, from 1926 - 1930 and from 1930 - 1934.

And here a better close-up from the officers: Stab 13. Minenwerfer-Kompanie 12IR

Bataillonskommandeur (III. Btl. 1928-1930): Major Buchholz; Kompaniechef 13. (MW.)-Komp. (1926-1932): Hauptmann v. Werder.

On weekend I will check the regimentel history, maybe something is writing about a chinese officier!? (I will tell you.*)

Thanks again and best regards, :cheers:

Jens

* nothing found about a foreign officier in the regimentel history.

Edited by KIR

Hello!

The Rangliste can´t help; he wears is own uniform, so he´s not attached to that unit. He´ll be a member of an official visit of the german army. I´d like to know the reason!

Hi Andreas, I think so too! Thx.

Hallo Prussian,

maybe probationer from Whampoa Academy?

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick,

that's a good idea with the Whampoa Academy, see also Sino-German cooperation.

Thanks and best regards, :cheers:

Jens