News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Illustrated War News Sep 29, 1915 IRON CRESCENT

demir

A very interesting information about the Turkish War Medal in the The Illustrated War News September 29, 1915.:

THE NEW TURKISH DECORATION OF THE “IRON CRESCENT”

By the way of the compliment to their German allies, the Turkish military authorities have introduced a new decoration, modelled in general idea on the German Iron Cross, to which the name “Iron Crescent” has been given. It is being distibuted also as lavishly as the Iron Cross has been- to the satisfaction of the German manufacturing firms who acquired the contract.

Please share your opinions with us about this information.

Regards

Demir

Edited by demir

" to the satisfaction of the German manufacturing firms who acquired the contract."

This is what made me think of the BB&Co. which has been found easily in the market.

Is it possible the famous (No country and no address) BB&Co. had been one of "the German manufacturing firms who acquired the contract"?

Is it possible the famous (No country and no address) BB&Co. had been one of "the German manufacturing firms who acquired the contract"?

Why don't you ask BB&Co? They are still in business. I don't know how much archive they have from back then...

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 years later...