News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A quick shot of some examples of the Fallschirmjäger abzeichen by various makers.

From left to right:

Top row; F.W Assmann 1st pattern wreath/eagle (tombak). F.W Assmann 3rd pattern wreath/1st pattern eagle (tombak). F.W Assmann 3rd pattern wreath/1st pattern eagle (zinc). C.E Juncker 1st pattern (tombak)

Middle row; C.E Juncker 3rd pattern wreath/2nd pattern eagle (tombak). Berg & Nolte Ludenscheid (zinc wreath/tombak eagle). W.Deumer Ludenscheid (tombak).

Bottom row; Friedrich Linden Ludenscheid (tombak). Gebruder Wegerhoff Ludenscheid. G.H Osang (zinc). JMME (tombak).

• 4 weeks later...

That´s a fantastic collection of para badges!Very tasteful and full of quality.

I like especialy the Assmann first pattern and the Juncker J1.Thank you for showing.My heart is going faster,when i see this collection.

I am a german collector and the para badges are also mine main collecting field.I hope it is o.k. when i post a scan of a few badges from my collection.

Left badge in case Juncker J2 tombac,GWL in case (eagle tombac/wreath zinc),IMME in case tombac,Assmann in case tombac,Juncker J2 in case tombac with a pilot badge wreath.

Left badge without case Juncker J2 in tombac,right badge without case Deumer in tombac.

Regards

Joe

Good morning, Joe...

Very nice to see your sets...you certainly have an eye for quality. I only have one cased example, being the Juncker 3rd pattern wreath/2nd pattern eagle... I only wish I had cases for the rest.... but at today's prices!

Your "Juncker J2 in case tombac with a pilot badge wreath" has to be one of my favourites, something I've been looking for years.

Looking forward to seeing more of your collection.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello John and Joe,

Beautiful Paratrooper Badges. Thanks for showing them. This might sound crazy, but the one I like the most is that Berg & Nolte, with the dark zinc wreath and gilded tombak eagle. That shade of gold is terrific and I really like the Paratroop Badges that have darkened wreaths. Seeing these badges makes me want to pull out my Paratroop Badges. Maybe I will take some pictures and post them one of these days. Don't worry, though! I can't compete with those wonderful Buntmetall examples.

Best regards,

Tom

Hi guys,

Here is my mediocre collection of Paratrooper Badges: all zincers I'm afraid.

Top row (L-R): Berg & Nolte zinc; Assmann L/64 zinc; Steinhauer & Lück zinc

Bottom row (L-R): Paul Meybauer zinc; Paul Meybauer zinc; Berg & Nolte zinc wreath- tombak eagle

Best regards,

Tom

I upgraded my nice 2nd pattern Deumer for this J2 Para badge last month. It came as part of a "Kreta" group and the recipient (a medic) has nicely engraved his details on the reverse.

Stan