News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fallschirmsch?tzenabzeichen.

Hello Kev,

Really difficult to tell by the small pics - does the maker mark say GH Osang Dresden? If so, I for one do not recognize that hinge, catch, or rivits as being characteristic to that manufacturer. Is it possible to get a closeup of the maker mark?

ERIC

• Replies 259
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kevin !

Sorry ! For my late comments to Your LW Para Badge .

I agre with Eric , We need larger pics of the badge to be sure about it .

And I also would like to say , I would not have had that B&N.L LW Para showed by Les in my Collection .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S

Another superb addition to the collection, Eric. :cool:

@ Kev. I missed your badge..Sorry! I would agree with the chaps, a close-up of the maker mark would be useful although, as Eric points out, the reverse set-up is not a good sign. :unsure:

Hello Kev,

Really difficult to tell by the small pics - does the maker mark say GH Osang Dresden? If so, I for one do not recognize that hinge, catch, or rivits as being characteristic to that manufacturer. Is it possible to get a closeup of the maker mark?

ERIC

Thanks for the response Gentlemen :beer:

I will attempt to get close up photos of the rivets, catch and maker mark tomorrow, (Sunday) using natural daylight as the camera flash affects the shots I tried to take, as soon as I get the shots I will post them.

Kevin in Deva, :cheers:

Hi Kevin !

Sorry ! For my late comments to Your LW Para Badge .

I agre with Eric , We need larger pics of the badge to be sure about it .

And I also would like to say , I would not have had that B&N.L LW Para showed by Les in my Collection .

Jan Arne

Jan,

I hear many collectors say they would not want a fake in their collection. It can happen when we don't know items outside of our area of interest. I bought what I thought was a TR LW Fj badge for a relative, and now know it's not a real one.

Dump it? No. Throw it away? No.

Fakes serve as a learning tool, and what we do with them once we know we bought or have something bad in our collection says something about us once we know the item isn't good.

If I discover I have something fake in my collection, I'm not going to destroy it, or sell it to someone else. Instead I do something quite different.

If people know you collect medals, badges, uniforms or whatever, you always run the risk of being robbed or having your house burgalized. Worse yet, you could be at home when it happens. Even if you don't have your good stuff at home, people tend to associate collecting medals, badges, and so on with people having money to invest in the items. You could get robbed while at home, because people are going to think if they don't find what you collect, they'll either find money, or something else....or if you're home, force you to get it for them.

I leave fakes lying around the house, knowing that if someone breaks in, the good stuff won't be found and stolen. They'll take the fakes lying around and run before the police get there. Once they try to sell the bad stuff, and someone tells them the stuff is bad, they'll think that you don't know the difference and they'll never be tempted to come back. If they tell other thieves the same thing...good. It's a cheap add on to my insurance.

Fakes -do- have a purpose, and if you think about it, they can also protect your collection and even more, and they might more useful than you think.

Les

Edited by Les

Good morning, Dom

Well you've made my day!

When you say "Egg Shaped" for the first one posted, a description used for an early Assmann, do you consider this badge to be Assmann? I would say that it's by W. Deumer, being their 1st pattern series. The use of a 1st pattern Juncker eagle (very close to the Assmann eagle) can often be confusing.

So, for your first posting we have both 1st and 2nd pattern Deumers in what I can only describe as MINT condition! Many thanks for posting them.

:cheers:

@ John.

I couldn't agree more. As I always say.... "Learn as much about fakes as you do originals." :beer:

Tano !

That Deumer LW Para is very very nice ! :love:

Les !

Dont missunderstand !

If a collector just wont to have one LW Para badge , go for a safe one . A know original .

If a Collector of LW Para Badges want to have all variants from all makers , he will also need to have badges that could be questionable .

Everyone is free to do what he want with Fakes , I also have Fake PAB , most to have them for compare use .

And is it wise to write about Your safety rules here on a open forum ?? .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S

I?m posting this pic of Dom?s collection of Para badges, that he kindly sent me, as he?s a new member beauty of these pieces would have been lost due to the posting allowance.

I?ve also taken the liberty of replacing the pix of the two Deumers so that we can have a

good look at the condition of these wonderful examples.

Thanks for the response Gentlemen :beer:

I will attempt to get close up photos of the rivets, catch and maker mark tomorrow, (Sunday) using natural daylight as the camera flash affects the shots I tried to take, as soon as I get the shots I will post them.

Kevin in Deva, :cheers:

hopefully size reduction will still allow a good comparason and identification. Around the maker name is the residue of gum from the price tag.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

hopefully size reduction will still allow a good comparason and identification. Around the maker name is the residue of gum from the price tag.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Pictures of the Hinge, Catch, etc, try as I might I cant get better definition with my small digital camera :(

Kevin in Deva.

Pictures of the Hinge, Catch, etc, try as I might I cant get better definition with my small digital camera :(

Kevin in Deva.

More shots, I hope this helps to id the insignia as a real or fake :o

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Guys thank you very much for your comments John I stand correctedbecause i dont have a 1st pat Junker I wouldnt of thought I just kind of lined it up with my Assman and thought well you know.Thanks Dom I will try to post more individual photos but forgive my I am a pure handi-cap with this whole computer dont even know how to retrive my mail that good.

DOM !

WOW ! WOW ! That is just a GRAET Para Badge Collection ! :love:

And what a nice condition all of them sems to be !!!

Jan Arne

Well said, Big Papa!

@ Kev. If you have a look at the examples of "Osang" badges in this thread, you'll see why there are doubts about your badge. Wrong hinge, catch and maker mark. :(