News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fallschirmsch?tzenabzeichen.

Hi Jan,

To start off with, a VERY nice Osang! Just as it should be! Now, the GWL - I think Kurt is right with this - the eagle looks to have been reattached in some way with different rivits IMO. The rest of the badge looks like a standard GWL Para to me. Do you have a weight on it Jan?

ERIC

• Replies 259
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys !

Thanks for comments .

I know about Lorenzo`s GWL , he was one of them that beleived that Badge was original .

GWL Para Badge is in my Banksafe so I`m not able to get the weight at the moment , but will come back with it later .

Something happend whit the back on Sunday. Doc. beleive I have strain a muscle . So I can walk on the Floor , but have damn problems with going Stairs . Not able to get to my Banksafe on some days I`m afraid .

Jan Arne

Something happend whit the back on Sunday. Doc. beleive I have strain a muscle . So I can walk on the Floor , but have damn problems with going Stairs . Not able to get to my Banksafe on some days I`m afraid .

Jan Arne

Doing too much over the Christmas period, Jan. :shame: Take care of yourself, hope you get better soon!

Hi Jan,

Yes, by all means take care of your back - that's nothing to mess with. The weight is not that important here, just for my own curiosity to see if it is in the 'normal' range for GWL Paras. Go easy until you feel better - get some rest! :sleep:

ERIC

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my contribution, but I see Jan Arne has one of these rare birds as well (Is there anything you do not have yet in your collection, Jan.....I'm humbled by your collection!). I think this bird is in slightly better condition, but I would take this badge in any condition. Near MINT!! It demonstrates that 60+ year old badges in aluminum can still exist in near mint condition......Cheers, Steve

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Those two ASSMANN DRGM badges are killing me. I missed the one purchased from Philippe Militaria. Oh Well!

Anyway, here is a scan of my JFS Para. I only know of two others. The quality is poor, as this is a late war effort. The makermark and rear badge hardware are all JFS. The specs and description match those in the magazine article, discussed earlier.

Regards,

Mark

[attachmentid=28251]

Hi Mark !

Talking about Killing . Every time I se that JFS LW Para my Heart stops for at least 3 minutes .

If someone post more of these JFS Para after each other , they would not been able to start the heart agian with a Electric High Voltage "Heartstarter" PUUUHH !

GREAT and very rare LW Para ! :love:

Jan Arne

Nice JFS Para.......super rare!! I've never had a chance to own one!!

@Mark, My Alu. Assmann Para came from Philippe.....probably the same one from a few years ago. The purchase almost fell through based on poor emailing/translations.

@Eric, Thanks for the compliment!!

@JTW, Super Sweet GWL!!! One that has eluded me for too long!!!

Edited by Steve K.

Jan Arne,

Well, I don't know if I can..... but someone has to keep you on your toes!

Steve,

I was looking for one of these for years. It was always in the back of my 'collecting head'. One day, a dealer says, 'Hey, are you interested in a JFS Para'? I nearly soiled my shorts. It just appeared out of the blue.

:beer:

Mark

Hi Mark !

Talking about Killing . Every time I se that JFS LW Para my Heart stops for at least 3 minutes .

If someone post more of these JFS Para after each other , they would not been able to start the heart agian with a Electric High Voltage "Heartstarter" PUUUHH !

GREAT and very rare LW Para ! :love:

Jan Arne