Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Riker87

DAAFAR - Mayor's uniform

Hello friends, here my new Mayor's uniform of the DAAFAR (Defensa Anti-Aérea Y Fuerza Aérea Revolucionaria, engl.: Revolutionary Air and Air Defense Force).

This uniform was worn in this form in the first half of the 80's.

SDC12128_zps970614e7.jpg

SDC12131_zpse443590a.jpg

SDC12134_zpsf3719843.jpg

Unfortunately, I can only identify the second line of the ribbon bars: Medalla conmemorativa "20 Anniversario des las FAR" (left) and Medalla conmemorativa "20 Anniversario" (right).

SDC12136_zps53738b4b.jpg

:Cat-Scratch: That is a BIZARRE combination of Bulgarian, Soviet, and Cuban jubilee medals ribbons! :o Are those the usual Cuban DDR-style paper "ribbons" under plastic?

Unfortunately, I can only identify the second line of the ribbon bars: Medalla conmemorativa "20 Anniversario des las FAR" (left) and Medalla conmemorativa "20 Anniversario" (right).

First line from left to right: 1. 2. maybe not Cuban awards? 3. Maybe soviet - 20 years in WW2 victory (1965), 4. maybe - 50 years to Soviet armed forces (1967). Ribbons are the same, Cuban army officers was awarded by Soviets. When studied in soviet war universities, etc.

Bulgarian: generic ribbon used on several jubilees 1974-80; Bulgarian 1974 Army Jubilee; Soviet 1965 Victory Jubilee; Soviet 1968 Armed Forces Jubilee; and THEN two Cuban jubilees without armed forces jubilees or the lowly "Distinguished" service Medals?!

Why would a Cuban wear Foreign Comrades first? :speechless1:

Bulgarian: generic ribbon used on several jubilees 1974-80; Bulgarian 1974 Army Jubilee; Soviet 1965 Victory Jubilee; Soviet 1968 Armed Forces Jubilee; and THEN two Cuban jubilees without armed forces jubilees or the lowly "Distinguished" service Medals?!

attachicon.gifRibbon bars 1to4 obvs x125 mine B.JPG

Why would a Cuban wear Foreign Comrades first? :speechless1:

I think the ribbon bar is mounted upside down =)

Regards Eddie

Yeah, that would work--but then the Soviet pair are in reverse time order. I'm still trying to figure out why all references show armed forces long services green-white-blue and mine (XV) are always blue-white-green....

But I think an air force technical major would have long services and the lowly repetitive Distinguisheds to look right.

I forgot to ask: are the big tunic buttons dated, or are they crude solid castings like the shoulder board buttons that I've seen? (We can only get small :unsure: items up here....)

Edited by Rick Research

Thanks for your help guys. ;)

@Rick:

No, they aren't dated. They are massive castings like on my other Captain's Jacket.