News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon bar with unknown Ribbon

Here is a nice 7 place ribbon bar, from a WWI veteran who later signed back into the Wehrmacht and fought on the Western and Eastern Fronts during WWII.

This ribbon bar is interesting because it has a ribbon in 5th place, which I cannot identify. I thought that it could be a Weimar era sport award or some kind of Freikorps award, but the banderkatalogue does not feature this award.

This bar is also nice because it has the mini West Wall medal on the end. I asked a SS Polizei veteran who was also awarded the west wall medal and wore the mini on his ribbon bar, why he chose to do that. His answer was that he bought it because without the miniature he felt that it wasn't "complete". That it was only half a purchase to buy just the ribbon on its own.

Can anyone help ID this band? :)

Guest Rick Research

:o

Nothing I've ever seen before. :speechless1:

At a guess, something banned-Freikoprs that he'd snuck in because nobody else would recognize it. One of the Kriegsmarine admirals (whose name escapes me at the moment) cheerfully wore multiple obscure (banned!) Freikorps ribbons all through the war....

:o

Nothing I've ever seen before. :speechless1:

At a guess, something banned-Freikoprs that he'd snuck in because nobody else would recognize it. One of the Kriegsmarine admirals (whose name escapes me at the moment) cheerfully wore multiple obscure (banned!) Freikorps ribbons all through the war....

Rank had and still has its privileges?

Bernhard H. Holst

Guest Rick Research

Konteradmiral Hans-Joachim Gadow it was-- on a variety of different styles of ribbon bar, he continued wearing the Lowenfeld Marine Brigade ribbon throughout WW2.

I suspect Alan's guy was doing the same, though darned if I can find that ribbon.