News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Military Passes and Soldbuch various

• Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guys really like paybooks because they were with the soldier at the front, but the Militärpässer do have more interesting entries.... It is really interesting to see the contents of the books!!

The last dude was "just" a ladwehr dude, i did not see anything out of the ordinary

Some guys really like paybooks because they were with the soldier at the front, but the Militärpässer do have more interesting entries.... It is really interesting to see the contents of the books!!

The last dude was "just" a ladwehr dude, i did not see anything out of the ordinary

Chris,

What are his badges on Page 2 of the book para7 (the 5th pic across)?

I have noted that not all SB have this para 7?

I shall do the military passes then!!

Jock:)

Its like I said before..... Militärpasses really are a box of chocolates.... I made ther cardinal error of just taking a casual glance and dismissing him because of the Landwehr..... that is a bad thing with tese books

Get your hand outa my box of chocolates! :P

The sachsen Altenberg tapferkeits Medaille, apparetly unusual because you HAD to have an EK2 before you got it.... just a couple of thousand awarded, so 4 times rarer than a knights cross.... was mainly just for guys of the I.R. 153... plus some other guys from the Duchy in other regiments...

An above average Soldbuch! :cheers:

Guys,

Thanks for the info, you all really seem to know your stuff, I am scanning another Pass now but it is unexciting, it tickled me because it is to a field bakery, I will do another after this one to the artillery to keep 'paddy' happy?

It is slow and painful my machine!

Looks like to me Jansen started out in the Infantry and they discovered he could read, brush his teeth, and other civilized things; so, they immediately made him a baker. Much too useful to be mere cannon fodder in the trench.

Looks like to me Jansen started out in the Infantry and they discovered he could read, brush his teeth, and other civilized things; so, they immediately made him a baker. Much too useful to be mere cannon fodder in the trench.

He must have been smart, do you want to stand in this sodden trench all day or would you like to go back to where it is warm and there is food, let me think about that? Hell yes!

He must have been smart, do you want to stand in this sodden trench all day or would you like to go back to where it is warm and there is food, let me think about that? Hell yes!

Hot bread BEFORE the rats crap all over it...

Edited by IrishGunner

Interesting that he was on Arty courses, must have been destined for greater things, had they not come second!

What do you think of the Arty SB?

Jock, my comment on the artillery courses were for the Arty SB of Schmidt... Nice book with the Richtskanonier and Geschutzfuhrer entries. But no awards that I saw...

But it also looks like the baker ended up in a FA Regiment...

Edited by IrishGunner

Jock, my comment on the artillery courses were for the Arty SB of Schmidt... Nice book with the Richtskanonier and Geschutzfuhrer entries. But no awards that I saw...

But it also looks like the baker ended up in a FA Regiment...

Sorry got my wires crossed, I thought you meant the baker went on the arty courses.

The arty bloke got EK2 I think, just above the pasted in page Para9?

What a potentially interesting but totally frustrating document!! Basically it says "he participated in all the battles of the 1st Landwehr Company of the 7th Pionier Battalion....."

but I am bggered if I can find any list of their battels, or where they were attached!