News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Military Passes and Soldbuch various

• Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last for tonight,

Pioneer and scaly? I did not realize that their bleeps were Engineers in the first war.

There is what is left of his SB as well as his BRD ausweiss.

Jock:)

Thats a nice one... he fought where I take my holidays... a Verdun Guy.... poor Prussian... he only gets an EK2....

Thats a nice one... he fought where I take my holidays... a Verdun Guy.... poor Prussian... he only gets an EK2....

But he got it quite fast only 11 months of service got him an EK2 and soon later a promotion to Gefreiter . Others had to wait for years ......

Thats a nice one, wounded in one day by artillery geschoss AND an infantry geschoss ? Hows that for luck!! and at Verdun!!!

On TOP of that, they were fighting right on Fort Douaumont when he was wounded...

... and no EK?

I have seen this many times, unless a young soldier had done something outstanding (and I don't know what qualified for that) he had to wait his turn in line for an EK. While some rear echelon Feldwebel that never seen a day at the front got his, simply because he had been mobilized since August 1914.

What do you think Chris?

Edited by Naxos

In Zöberleins book he mentions being promised the EK, but then not getting it because some NCOs who were in the field for longer needed it, and were first priority.

I did a stat from a pile of books and the average soldier needed 21 months in the field to get one.

Best

Chris