News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

bada BING! and other enamel items ....

I am getting a soft spot for these Enamel items.... and I am hot on the trail of a Tornister with a green enamel metal brame made by BING as well... has anyone seen a tornister like that?

Makers so far on enamel... (Please add yours...)

Bing 17

Silesia 17

Wupperman 17

Eschebach Radeberg 17

.... and I am hot on the trail of a Tornister with a green enamel metal brame made by BING as well... has anyone seen a tornister like that?

Yeeessss Chris but sold it was dated 1914 marked to a Artillery Reg. probably still is stupidity on my part it also had cloth shoulder straps with brass hardware and eyelets.

Funky made from that lovely early ochre cloth.

Here's a Bing 'frying pan'.

Have never seen a frying pan before!

Me neither thats why I had to have it if they come flying 'out the woodwork' I'm in big trouble. Pics are the sellers its on its way to Hoss collection. ;)

Here is a list of manufacturers of enameled cups. The list includes maker stamps and the manufacture dates that have been observed. I lifted this list off the German WWI website Feldgrau. I also contributed to it.

-A. LAMPRECHT 16, 17 and 17 with recessed bottom, 18 with recessed bottom
    -AMBOS 16, 17 (big numbers) and 17 (small numbers)
    -BECHER 16
    -B & F 16, 17
    -BING 16, 17 and 17 with recessed bottom, 18 and 18 with recessed bottom
    -E d.L. 16
    -E.H. 18
    -E. L. S. 17 exists with small and big markings
    -E. S. B. 17
    -ESCHEBACH RADEBERG 1916 and 1917
    -FCB FULDA 16, 17 and 18
    -GERMANIA 17 and 18
    -G.M.u.Cie 18
    -G. R. & C° 16,17 and 18
    -Hecker & S 16, 17, 18
    -Hiby 16 and 18
    -Ludwig Hutzler Beierfeld 17
    -KLötzer Nachf. Lauter 17, 18
    -Klötzer & Jache(?)
    -M. Böhme 17
    -M. & S. 16
    -Neust. Em. W. 16 and 17
    -R. LOUIS SCHEICHAUER GRIVOR(?)
    -S.& E. St.L. 16, 17, 18 (with crossed oriental sabers) for maker: "Stahl und Eisen St.Leon" (Baden-Württemberg).
    -SFD 16
    -SILESIA 16, 17 and 18
    -S.M.W. 16
    -ULLRICH 16,18
    -WUPPERMAN 16, 17 and 18

Edited by Chip

Gents

I don't have much in the way of enamel kits anymore in the past I've tended to flip them if I need cash quick here's one that's kind of funky with the painted outside had 25yrs, still use it for camping and war gigs must have boiled hundreds of gallons of coffee over the years German gear lasts forever but never drink from an old enamel canteen you may get shards in your guttiwuts. :lol:

The cup is one Chip mentions above thanks mate never knew this maker before in fact most are new to me nice list very helpful your tops man write a book I want the first copy my friend for the young kids [Like me :whistle: ] who will be serious collectors one day.....its important, all right I'll shut up.

Eric

Edited by Hoss

The list of makers I posted is, of course, incomplete and new names are being added periodically.

I think a better description for "hollow bottom" would be "recessed bottom". These were normally multi-piece constructions where the bottom of the cup was soldered/welded to the body. My example is a 1918 Lamprecht cup in a very dark charcoal gray enamel.

Chip

That's a huge list! I had no idea there were so much manufacturers of those badabing cups :o ...

Karel,

There are also extensive lists for enameled messkits, aluminum cups and aluminum messkits.

Chip

Edited by Chip

I have ca. 5 of these cups and not trying to get any more .... maybe if kind of unusual , not too common color .....

far too many .

Chip , as usually cut my wings ...

best regards

Kornel

Edited by Kornel R.

Can't eat eintopf out of a helmet!! :-)

Oh Chris, but I do have a badabing to eat out... but who needs more than one? ;)

It's hidden somewhere in the followig picture :rock on: ... that's probably the only picture of my collection where it's visible :unsure: ... guess I have some work to do...

Adler 1

hylm.jpg

• 3 years later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Recently snagged these photos of a Bratpfanne, marked Bing 17. Apologies if the collector is on here, but I have to document all the Bing stuff possibly related to the wartime contracts.

Bratpfanne Bing.jpg

Bratpfanne Bing 17.jpg

While an Essgeschirr in good shape still avoids my collection, here are some of my Bing items. Two canteens are enamel, and the other it painted steel. One of each Trinkbecher--aluminum, tinned steel, and enamel. And yes, I ended up with the small Bratpfanne Hoss posted above. 

Bing group (1).JPG