News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Different types of Yugoslav Order of Bravery

Speaking of Bravery orders has anyone seen this variation before? They started appearing just recently, at least I didn't notice them before. They look like Type 2.5 but have huge numbers (500K!) on the back side and that pentagonal metal piece that holds the ribbon isn't gilded, but strangely enough the needle is. 
    They were not being offered as some RRR variant nor was their price any higher than of the regular orders. 
    1.thumb.jpg.eee1782b342e52001093eb379cb8e9e2.jpg
    2.thumb.jpg.1ac613075cc171127e9b235964631d52.jpg

Even though some FRY decorations looked the same as SFRY ones that's not the case with the Bravery Order, it looked completely different.
    Here's an example posthumously awarded to Zoran Radosavljević (I can't remember where have I found this image).
    595f6fbd7b618_ZoranRadosavljevic.thumb.jpg.56d5119d7b08c12d44565599b9eddee0.jpg

You're welcome. 

Unfortunately I'm on vacation so I can't give you precise numbers now, as soon as I get back I'll check Rudež's book and let you know. Number of made ones is certainly larger than of awarded. I read somewhere that some of the unawarded Soviet pieces were melted and the material was used for the production of the Yugo type. Those orders have Soviet pentagonal metal ''suspensions''. 

The highest number on the Soviet type I've seen so far was 15XXX. I think numbers on Yugo type start from 10K.

I just remembered I wrote about the total number of the Soviet made Bravery Orders on other forum. According to Rudež Soviets made 25.750 pieces. 

When it comes to those Yugo made ones with Soviet suspensions, so far I've seen them in 38K-50K range.

Soviet type is made out of two pentagonal metal plates while Yugoslav is made out of single one. When you take a look at the back side you can see two rivets on the Soviet ones, they are on the sides, close to the needle. 

I wrote about it in another topic on GMIC, here's what I meant. This is the Bravery Medal, but it's the same with that decoration. 

One more thing, the suspension ring is "connected" on the Soviet pieces while on the Yugoslav ones you can see the small "gap".

post-7937-0-95557500-1417453482.thumb.jpg.c65f98616ab044762ef2d83a6e50b6ff.jpg

post-7937-0-90766100-1417453642.jpg.f63f7dfaca2e0d887f6b274775c712b5.jpg

• 2 months later...

I saw it couple of weeks ago on a Serbian auction site,  the price was about the same but no one bid.
    I think the lowest number I've seen so far is 55, it can be seen in the book "Orders and Medals of Communist Yugoslavia".

• 8 months later...
    • 7 months later...

That seller is a disaster, it hurts every time I see him splitting documents and orders. Nobody will EVER be able to put those pieces back together once sold to different bidders! I bet he would make the same or more money just selling the entire lots together, but he doesn't hear from that ear...