News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

An original IR 92 officer's pickelhaube "running horse"

Actually I told a little lie in my last post about the IR 92 pickelhaube with… I will tell the correct story now, the phone call was actually about two haubes and not one… So here’s the real story:

It all started with a phone call… from Germany. It was one of my German friends with a really unexpected question: Are you still interested in a nice IR 92? Of course the answer was „YES!“ Then he posed a second question: are you also interested in a second IR 92? My answer (confused) was of course „what are you talking about?“

I think you can already guess his answer…

Arrangements were made and a couple of days later I had to drive a few hundred km to meet my friend… but who cares about driving half a day when a man’s dream comes out twice?

After a few strong coffees (to prevent shaking) it took me more than an hour to check everything out while my heart was pounding in my throat… but everything was what I expected to see on these two original IR 92 helmets!

While the other thread was about the helmet with Totenkopf center wappen, this one is (as you might expect) about the model with the running horse emblem for the first and second Battalion of IR 92, prior to 1912.

The helmet came from the same family as the other one, only there’s no provenance about the original owner. It’s in about the same excellent condition and the way it’s made looks almost the same. This makes me conclude that the helmet was made by the same manufacturer. I’ve no proof of that, but it makes me think this helmet might have been owned also by Johann Albrecht, but maybe that’s only wishfull thinking?…

Anyway, here are the pictures, so please enjoy!

Adler 1

m82e.jpg

66p0.jpg

z8y4.jpg

79jd.jpg

a0vl.jpg

fo0h.jpg

fxqm.jpg

1nhg.jpg

uru7.jpg

e55u.jpg