News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

FJ Sturm-Regiment Crete document group

Hi all,

I thought I would show a recent document group, to a Fallschirmjaeger from the Luftlande Sturm-Regiment 1, 15 Kompanie.

The soldier obviously survived Crete, and went on to serve in Russia and by the looks of one of his wound documents, he also

did time in Normandy w ith the 6th FJD.

If anyone has any further info on the man, I would love to hear it.

Many thanks,

Bob

The IV Battalion of Luftlande Sturm-Regiment 1 was formed in the winter of 1940/41. The battalions never saw action together, except at Crete.

The Kommandeur of IV./St.Rgt 1 was Hauptmann Walther Gericke, and the

OC 15 Kompanie was Oberleutnant Dobke, killed in action attacking Maleme airstrip on the 20th of May 1941.

Bob

What a fantastic group....

Indeed...

It's a pity that the group is missing his 'Soldbuch'.... Have you thought of contacting the Bundesarchiv for a copy of his military records? You never know, they may well come up with a lot more info.

You may also want to consider contacting the Fallschirmjäger veterans association (Bund deutscher Fallschirmjäger) who may be able to help.

Hello Bob.

Thank you for showing this group.

As you state he was in Normandy. As a a member of the 6.F.J.Rgt.he was wounded on June 8 for the first time and was awarded the Silver Wound Badge which is an indication that the wound suffered was a severe one , possibly the loss of a limb or similar. This would usually mean a discharge from the military service.

His regiment was practically destroyed in the first days of fighting.

BTW:If memory serves me , the regimental commander was the K.C. recipient Frhr. v. d. Heydte who received the Oakleaves later.in July. This officer lead the parachute operation during the Ardennes Offensive which as known was a total bust.

Bernhard H. Holst

Thanks Bernhard, I have actually just finished reading a book about von der Heydte's exploits in the Ardennes, a very interesting read, and thanks for the info, really appreciated.

Thanks too John, you are a wealth of knowldege, and also greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

Bob (I will let you know how I go).

• 2 weeks later...

Stellar grouping Bob. Please let us know what you dig up in your research.

Looks like both contacts that John passed on are not going to reply, so at the moment, I guess I am dead in the water for any further info

on him.

Best wishes

Bob