News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RHEINLAND-PFALZ - EHRENZEICHEN FÜR LANGJÄHRIGE DIENSTE

My previous post deal with the medal presented to members of the professional and volunteer fire fighter of the state of B-W. All German states do not issue medals to recognize long service. Some use a breast badge. One of them is Rheinland-Pfalz.

EHRENZEICHEN FÜR LANGJÄHRIGE DIENSTE
    HONOUR FOR LONG TERM SERVICES
    AUTHORIZED IN 1985 (OR 1983-DEPENDS ON THE REFERENCE THAT YOU USE) BY THE PRIME MINISTER OF RHEINLAND PALATINATE
    THE SILVER AWARD WAS FOR 25 YEARS. THE FIGURE “25" APPEARS ON THE BACK OF THE BADGE WITH OAK LEAF SPRIGS ON BOTH SIDES.
    THE GOLD BADGE WAS FOR 35 YEARS. THE BACK IS THE SAME AS THE SILVER EXCEPT THAT THE NUMBER 35 IS BETWEEN THE OAK LEAF SPRIGS.
    THE BADGE IS 39MM X 51MM.
    THE AWARD CASE MAY, OR MAY NOT, CONTAIN A STICKPIN FOR WEAR WITH CIVILIAN CLOTHS BUT ALWAYS CONTAINS A RIBBON BAR. A MINIATURE OF THE BADGE IS IN THE CENTRE OF THE RIBBON BAR.
    IN FEBRUARY 2010 A FURTHER BADGE WAS INSTITUTED FOR 45 YEARS OF SERVICE. THIS BADGE IS SIMILAR TO THE GOLD 35 YEAR AWARD BUT WITH GOLD A OAK LEAF SURROUND.
    SERVICE TIME SPENT IN THE YOUNG FIRE BRIGADE AND THE MILITARY CAN BE COUNTED FOR THE AWARDING OF THESE BADGES.
    IN TWO LINES AROUND THE BOTTOM OF EACH BADGE IS WRITTEN;
    FÜR VERDIENSTE IM FEUERWEHRWESEN
    FOR SERVICES IN FIREFIGHTING
    I'll start with the award from my collection.
    Regards,
    Gordon

I have been unable to find an actual picture of the 45 year badge. Only a drawing of what it might look like. Ribbon bars seem to be much more common and some pictures show the 45 year ribbon bar in a case with the gold 35 year award. More research is needed here.