News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

3 Part Medal Bar WWII

A.T.S. stands for Auxiliary Territorial Service - a women's branch in the British army during the WW2. From 1949 onwards this became Women's Royal Army Corps.

Did quick check but can't find her name. WW2 awards is still hard to research because most of the papers are still with the MoD.

Regards,

Timo

The Efficiency Medal was awarded for a minimum of 12 years service, with war service counting double, so even if she was in for all or most of WWII she must have been in before 1939 or stayed after 1945, I think, to qualify for that! A nice find to an important service.

The Efficiency Medal was awarded for a minimum of 12 years service, with war service counting double, so even if she was in for all or most of WWII she must have been in before 1939 or stayed after 1945, I think, to qualify for that! A nice find to an important service.

Thanks Peter,

good information!

Regards

Chris