News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi !

I am creating a homepage about the iron cross on non combatant ribbon. (www.non-combatants.com)

I have many nice bars in the "Galerie" (means gallery) section. Some are of my own collection,

the other ones are from friends collections.

Are there some to ID ?

It would be great to know some more about the recipients.

2 are ID`d : One is from Oberwachtmeister Franz Efferz, Hannover (the one with the Kreuz des Allgemeines Ehrenzeichens, the other one is from an un-named Oberintendanturrat who lived in Berlin -

it´s the one with the 2 long service medals WH. The 1st shown one is from Unterzahlmeister Hein. (with china medal)

Thanks a lot !

Joe.

Edited by ixhs

• 3 weeks later...

Here some bars -

Are they identificable?

The large one with the danish dannebrog order knights cross came with a ribbon bar. it has also the ribbon for the ottoman iron halfmoon on non combatant ribbon (!) white with 2 red stripes.

The centenial medal is a rarer reduction of it.

I think the one with the FA-Cross belonged to a mariner.

The Frackspange with the rare Friedrich-Franz cross at the last position is label markered " C.G. Ulrich Nachfolger".

I like it very much.

Thanks for help.

Joe. / "Schulz Hauptwachtmeister 0815"

Edited by ixhs

Hi Joe,

the middle pic - with the Dannebrog at the end - belonged to Oberzahlmeister Adolph Bulle from FAR 27.

Interesting to see his non-regular wear of 2 Prussian long service awards.

Bulle held originally a old style brooch 2nd class for 15 years, which he improperly replaced by a M1913 1st class for 15 years.

He got the Officers 25 years cross after WW1.

Viele Grüße

Daniel

Hi Joe,

the middle pic - with the Dannebrog at the end - belonged to Oberzahlmeister Adolph Bulle from FAR 27.

Interesting to see his non-regular wear of 2 Prussian long service awards.

Bulle held originally a old style brooch 2nd class for 15 years, which he improperly replaced by a M1913 1st class for 15 years.

He got the Officers 25 years cross after WW1.

Viele Grüße

Daniel

Nice one! …also with that half-sized (Prinzengrösse) Zentenarmedaille… ;-)

Here are the last 2 in which i think they are possibly identificable.

The frackspange is a veterans piece. He served in 1870 as a non combatant at home

and got later the iron cross/wilhelmscross without X when he was reactivated

I think the crownorder 4th class or the friedrichsorder knights cross 2nd class is missing (it had to return to the GOK)

The bavarian Kreuz für freiwillige Krankenpflege 1870/71 does have the typical enamel hits at the medaillon ring. Its a piece

made by EQ (Eduard Quellhorst)

The other big one is a typical bavarian styled one. it was sold a couple of years ago with some medals.

later the medals were sold separately and i replaced them as i got the bar. if he had the bronce landwirtschaftsmedaille of bavaria (1175 awards)

or the rarer silver one (~ 200 awards) - i don`t know. there are rolls in munich with the recipients, but i do not have them.

he definitely did not get the golden one (only highest officials)

i think it was an official.

it´s also shown the ribbon bar of Bolle with the ottoman iron halfmoon (this one was made by godet, berlin)

thanks for help!

Edited by ixhs