News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question on Bavarian bayonet frogs?

I'm looking to complete a display and wanted to find out if it is true that the Bavarian bayonet frog was cut with a point vice rounded?

I have not come across any references in my source documents but have heard several dealers saw the Bavarian frogs came to a point unlike the rounded versions used by the rest of the Army?

Is this true?

Any help appreciated.

Joe Sweeney

Chris

There was one on ebay for weeks but the dude wanted too much for the 98/05 bayo I was in two minds to buy it and resell the bayonet. This is an example why it can become confusing a run of the mill frog with Bavarian issue stamp 1916, fine very nice but it wasn't Bav. made. Pics courtesy of the BCN.

Where's me chum Chip

Eric

Yes

Here's an early Bavarian frog its been well used it may even fit an 98/02 but shows the 'V' front at least they had a close to edge crease mark.. Belgium had one also but it widens at the shoulders then tapers, I noticed the v cut on this frog some Germans did that so a soldier could pull out the bayonet & scabbard, if you wear a bayonet and sit... get up lay down get up and take off a lot you'll know what I mean.

If I'm wrong hope to be corrected its old news maybe some more info is available now I don't have my bav. frogs anymore to show sorry.

Eric

• 3 years later...