News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Documents a gogo !

Vatjan

• Replies 141
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

I think he's a Major, from the position of the field shoulder board star, in the Air Force... if that was a Soviet uniform, late 1950s-1969 field uniform boards. Could be a three star Colonel. Apparently updated his photo on promotions.

The name is rather oddly written, with a gap in the first one that I think is just sloppy handwriting, and a bit messy in the second one that I'm not sure what are letters and what are curlicue flourishes, but something like

Unaa giin Dor(??)agar. Second name might also be Df....

I think he's a Major, from the position of the field shoulder board star, in the Air Force... if that was a Soviet uniform, late 1950s-1969 field uniform boards. Could be a three star Colonel. Apparently updated his photo on promotions.

The name is rather oddly written, with a gap in the first one that I think is just sloppy handwriting, and a bit messy in the second one that I'm not sure what are letters and what are curlicue flourishes, but something like

Unaa giin Dor(??)agar. Second name might also be Df....

My guess on rank would be the same, and Mongolian air force uniforms seem to have followed very closely (more closely than the army) on Soviet models (based on the few bits and pieces I saw). And given the size of teh air force, . . . !! Working on a second reading (= second opinion?) on the name, but this seems close enough for now. Thanks, Rick. While his SB and PS may not have been super-interesting (but how can a SB be boring), I'd bet his Baildaani Medal citation would make interesting reading should it ever surface.

• 5 months later...